the Rift

:: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

I had come for reflection and prayer.

The eve of battle was close at hand. Fear, confusion, frustration, hate, even anger; could all be used against a warrior—and I didn’t want to meet our foe in the fray without first having sought clarity and guidance from an earthly father. Compact body lay curled beneath the shadows of a timber, head was held aloft and eyes looked toward a distant horizon. There was another with me, a small creature curled into the bend of leg. Wings closed but alight with flame even when she slept. Memories stirred memories of a time not so long ago. Yet it felt ages had pasted. This was where I had been resting when a gathering was formed and they found my little Fina as an egg during the end of frostfall.

Heart warmed when the songs of wind and heaven came to mind, they had signaled our bonding holy and right. My spirit had been higher than, troubles remained absent and without reason for shadowing such bright times. All happy things were never meant to last forever, it was a lesson again learned and learned over. She stirred near me, that tiny framed bird who appeared so innocent and fragile. But I knew that looks could be very deceiving. This little avian was haughty, brash and rude. Though I loved her all the same and not just because our bond decreed it so, she tested my patience and taught me through trial to be a better man. In time…perhaps she would develop more likable traits.

This meadow wasn’t going to stay silent for long.

The heavy beat of wings signaled an approach. I caste my eyes upward to catch a glimpse as to whom might be circling from on high. What they see strikes me to the core with affection and reverence, my lord trails from above. His magnificent frame a startling gem when cast in front of heaven. He lands and blesses us humble mortals with presence.

Smiling as a youth or colt, my limbs uncurl with haste and thrust frame upward. Fina awakens and turns to me with a scowl already flickering in those bright eyes; I wasn’t in the mood for her antics and instead whisper, “Come, let us greet our lord properly.” She turns an uninterested gaze toward the beast that was now gathering the attention of all Helovia. Horses nearby must have witnessed this blessing as well, and it was only right that they come pay respect to this god.

Shuffling forward I extend right forleg toward her, my lips curving in apologetic smile for cutting nap short. Luckily I didn’t have to apologize for long, she took my offer and willingly enough climbed up to her usual spot; trying to be as careful as she might when pricking skin with tiny talons. Straightening we set off, closing the distance between. By this time a chattering group had formed, their numbers increasing by each moment.

Memory served me only to remember them as new people, I knew none of their faces. A bright beam lite face from corner to corner and shinned in pitless eyes. Firstly head lowered with body following in tradition as my approach slowed then stopped altogether, “My lord, it lifts spirit to see you again,” I utter softly, knowing he would hear me perfectly well. It was a rare gift to see a god lingering among mortal flesh. Fina looked on with wary glances at each new individual. Her mental images began to trail in with questions following each, I shushed her and promised explanation later.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
:: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Random Event - 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Thor - 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Larkspur - 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Adele - 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Xanthos - 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Quilyan - 01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Tamme - 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM