the Rift

The last flake of Frostfall [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

(Edit: Ohcrud, I nearly forgot about the spar they had planned. Should I start it now? And where should it take place? I was thinking the Throat or the Heavenly Fields.)

Someone called her name in the distance, prompting Aryel to survey the snowy land around her. A familiar silver-black form was cantering towards her, drawing a grin from the blue-tinted mare. Seems Levi had found her again. She waited until he had neared, then snorted happily as he greeted her with a nuzzle, returning it with one of her own. "Good to see you again, Levi." she said. She laughed as he congratulated her. "Don't sell yourself short." she chided. "You deserved your promotion as much as I did." True, she felt a little guilty about the sun amulet that hung around her neck today, but there was no sign of envy in her friend's eyes, which was a great relief.

She chanced a mischievous smile. "See anything of that ass Tio lately?" she asked. "To be honest, I don't even know if he's serious about fighting the herd. He'll never get anyone to fight for him if he keeps going around and causing trouble like he did in the Throat. Really, what sort of horses would rally around one like him?

Ones just as bad as him, maybe. The thought caused a shiver of unease down her spine, but she shook it off. They had nothing to worry about. Their herd was twice as strong as any Outcast band, and twice as loyal to eachother. She didn't know every Throat horse by name, but she knew that if it came to a fight, she could count on them to watch her back, and her to watch theirs.

She flicked her tail once as a particular Throat horse came to mind. Lana hadn't been at the meeting. Wonder where that silly filly's gotten off to now, she thought. Well, little matter. Herd horses frequently roamed outside their territory.They could tell her about the meeting when she came back.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-16-2013, 05:57 PM