the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wow. The way that Tares struggled with simple contact with another mare was frustrating, and yet it made me want to get her to touch me. I was puzzled by this neediness of mine, and at once felt guilty for wanting Tares to do something out of her comfort zone, but there was no stopping this strong emotion I had for her, whatever it was. I knew in my heart that we would be great friends. I only had to get her to open up to me, but this had to come with time. The issue was, I am not a mare who likes to wait, and to be patient would make me irritated. I sighed heavily and looked up into her guarded eyes, and gave her the sweetest smile. I knew my eyes look sad, lonely and open with just the right amount of warmth. I do not know why, but I knew that this look had worked on others before Tares, and the motion felt familiar.

Suddenly, a voice that sounded familiar to me crept into my mind, a stallion’s voice. “Well, Aure, you are a unique soul, my love. You know, it was those eyes that got me. You are really so beautiful.” I gasped aloud, and breaths heaved in my chest. I never knew…well of course I did not know…I shook myself. This did not matter now, Tares was my priority. I thought about the ranks available in Dragon’s Throat, and of how she had saved my life with the rank of soldier. “I’d love to be a soldier, but if you think that I should take a citizen rank for now, I understand. I would love to save someone’s life the way you did mine.”

I had noticed Tares looking extremely nervous, so I extended my black hawk wing hesitantly and placed it on her shoulders, the way she did to break my trance. I knew this was a risky move but I wanted to feel the comfort of another’s body warmth. It was such a wonderful feeling, and I craved it. I examined her silky black coat, especially the beautiful tribal marking of wings on her withers. She was so timid, and all I wanted to do was wrap her in my wings and tell her it would all be okay. Damn, these feelings were starting to scare me.

“Tares, you seem afraid. There really is not anything to fear. I only want to become your friend, but I sense that something is blocking that progress. If you’d ever like to talk, I’m an extremely good listener.” I kept my wing firmly planted on her shoulders, determined to become closer to this skittish mare.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-20-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM