the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

The compliments rush from her so easily that I can only assume she was once used to hearing them herself. I wouldn't be surprised if such were the case; after all she is an attractive mare, and I can see the merit of her looks. My eyes keep travelling back to the marking of the vine that she carries on her nose- it's uniqueness draws my gaze to it consistently. As she lifts herself, I notice too for the first time her sole white hoof; I cannot help but compare it with my own cleft gray ones. So different in looks we are, in species just as much, and yet she remains kind. It's a comfort to be around so many that accept me regardless of my blood.

She asks for the opportunity to fly, and I lift myself gladly alongside her. The very thought of the idea makes me feel just a bit lighter- if there is anything in this land that is universal, that I love throughout, it is the sky. I spend each moment longing for the rush of the air beneath me and the whistle of the wind past my ears as it tosses my mane across my neck. "Gladly," I answered with confidence and a warm smile, able to set aside all of my reservations when the opportunity to lift my wings arises.

"His name is Arbutus, by the way," I comment with a nod to the phoenix, who is already taking flight at the sight of my wings stretching. He zips above us and sets himself on fire in a beautiful display, and I long to join him. My wings fall heavily to my side and then lift, and despite the slight trot I must maintain to lift off, my weak legs ache in protest. Yet I do not hesitate in leaving the mare's side and spreading my wings to catch the air. Perhaps I am too eager to greet the sky; after all, I should have said something to her.

At last I feel nothing beneath my hooves, and my tail flies out straight behind me as I catch my balance. My beard flies up and obstructs my vision while my mane flies out of the way. With a sturdy downbeat I shoot upwards and bank right, turning to look back down to her. Arbutus calls his glorious cry, that of so many other birds combined, and I beckon her to join me with a flick of my tail. "I'll show you the way," I call down comfortingly, feeling so much freer with the sky surrounding me. My steady yellow glaze breaks away for a moment and I climb higher with strong wings of fire, whinnying along to Arbutus' joyous call.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Tares - 07-21-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM