the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The mare took off into the sky, leaving me behind in the dust, but I saw her slow down apologetically. I laughed at her and took off, joining her in the air. As she called down a friendly comment, I felt the ice crack ever so slightly between us. I congratulated myself for suggesting flying and could barely contain my excitement at being in the air. I flew in a circle around Tares, laughing with the exhilaration of the wind rushing at me from all angles. I watched her cute little phoenix, Arbutus, flit about the sky with her and smiled at how close the two seemed. I figured if he accepted me, I had a better chance at getting to know Tares.

Her fiery wings were stronger that they looked, and her bright yellow eyes looked free and alive for the first time since I had met her. Her beard flew in her face, but she did not care that it was intrusive in her line of vision; I could see all she cared about was soaring on her beautiful wings. A cloud popped up before me and I dove through it, feeling the cold shock of dampness on my coat and wings and laughing at the feeling. I came out of it on the other end, droplets of water flying off behind me and others clinging to my cream colored mane. I looked at Tares shyly and shook my head, trying to clear it of the droplets.

I hoped I had not embarrassed myself with my silly cloud stunt, so we flew in silence for a little while. Until I could not stand it any longer and my big mouth got the best of me, it was peaceful and not awkward. “You are an amazing flyer, Tares. I just love this feeling of liberation. It seems familiar, which is nice for once. Race you!” I beat my swift black wings and burst forwards with sudden speed, leaving her behind me in the clouds.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-21-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM