the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A faint cry from behind me from Tares stopped me dead in the air, hovering on my hawk wings. I could not see the black mare anywhere near me in the sky, so I was content to wait patiently for her. The marvelous thing about my wings was how they did not seem to get tired, even when we had been flying for quite some time. She did not seem put off by the childish way I traveled through any cloud I saw and banked in circles, the immaturity brought on by the thrilling nature of floating in the sky. I began to feel lonely and instead of waiting for Tares, I decided to fly back to her and Arbutus.

I had a feeling I should show a bit more maturity, but the overwhelming urge to zoom through the upcoming cloud compelled me to do so, and I sheepishly looked at Tares as I approached her. I snorted to blow my sopping mane off of my face and said, “I must look ridiculous, but it is just too much fun to stop! I wish you could try it, but I think your wings would extinguish. It feels like swimming, but a lot lighter.” I smiled and let her continue on with the tour of Dragon’s Throat, which really was beautiful.

Just then, a small songbird flew past us, a blur of blue and white. “Aure, one day, when my wings are bigger will you teach me to fly? I want to fly just like that little bird! Well, more like you, I guess.”My wings stopped mid-stroke, and I dropped a couple of feet. The young colt’s voice was so familiar, in the same way as the stallion’s and the mare’s that I had heard before. I knew they were all voices from my past, but I could not match the voice to any recollection of them at all. Although Tares had said we should try and only think of the future, I found myself wondering what had happened to everyone else I had known in my life, and I missed them even though I had no idea what they were like. Even though I wished she didn’t, I had a feeling Tares would notice the slight change in my mood. I could not help my smile from vanishing and my eyes losing some of their bright joy.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM