the Rift

doubtful is the follower [aswane|open]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
The heat of this place is terrible and reminds me of my first summer in Helovia, when the Sun God was drunk on power and tried to set fire to ever living thing he could. Cyrus would love it here, I think. He always had been a follower of the sun and turned a blind eye to the true horror of his ways. In a sense it sickened me that my brother could worship a being so bent on destruction and torment. Sometimes I wondered if he felt the same way about the god that I had chosen to follow? The Moon Goddess, Mother of Darkness. Was the darkness not connected in many ways to evil? Would he see my desire to please her and think of me as an evil being?

I continued to worry over matters that probably mattered very little in grand scheme of things, but how could I not worry over what my sibling thought of me? My cloven hooves make crunching noises as I step on the dried ground. Every now and again a brilliantly colored stone goes skittering across the ground as my toe catches it and sends it flying. I must admit that this place, despite the heat, does have a certain beauty and maybe even a charm. I think it's the gemstones that make it seem beautiful, personally. There's nothing much else that I like.

As I get nearer to the very heart of the place I call home, the heat goes from uncomfortable to almost overwhelming in an instant. The sky is no longer dark and I cannot see the stars or the moon over the fierce glow of the fire that churns in Helovia's Heart. My movement comes to an end and I stand staring at the gaping hole. It is now that loneliness settles in my heart and leaves me close to tears. I miss Tallis more than anything. Several seasons ago he would have been here with me, settled on my back and keeping watch over me. Now he's away with Mother and I'm alone with no one but myself to watch over me. It's the part of growing up that I dislike the most.

aylin
healing hands of love like the stars shiny shiny from above

Messages In This Thread
doubtful is the follower [aswane|open] - by Aylin - 02-08-2013, 09:40 PM