the Rift

That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A soft breeze tickled my cheek and woke me up, and I realized the breeze was Tares’ breath on my neck, where she is seemingly taking in my scent. I blink sleepily up at her and notice that her yellow eyes seem peaceful, for the first time since I’d met her. I smiled and gently nuzzled her neck, just to let her know that my memories had not escaped me while I sleep. Her flaming wings were still extended over Arbutus and I, in a gesture of protectiveness. I was touched by this. “You kept your wing there while I slept…Thank you.” I looked at her, my green eyes filled with gratitude that Tares was finally relaxing with me, and I knew that if I was just careful enough, this companionship could work.

As I took in her white tribal eye marking, I wondered what this feeling was that I had for Tares. Every time her wing rested on my back, it fit perfectly, and each time her nose touched my cheek, it tingled in the slightest. And yet, I still knew not what I felt. When she left me that day by the lake, the feelings of abandonment and loss had washed over me, and for days I wandered trying to find anyone to help me around. It hit me then that I was not looking for just anyone, I was searching for Tares. I settled on that we were in the beginning stages of a great friendship, and that’s why everything felt like it fit.

I stretched my wings, still achy from the long journey and position of sleep, and gently rested one on Tares’ back. The fire from her wings lit up the crag and the rocks inside were illuminated with striking shadows dancing along the walls. I turned back to her, and noticed that the flames accentuated her sharp features and lit her coat to a reddish black, and turning the tribal markings a faint orange. “Your wings can really light up a place, Tares.”

Messages In This Thread
That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM