the Rift

That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I felt the air become a degree cooler as Tares stepped quickly out from under my wing and asked me to fly. My wing fell abruptly to the ground of the crag and I let it lie there for a moment, and then slowly retracted it to my side. I knew I had done something wrong, and yet I was not sure of what. I thought it a good idea to stop speaking about ourselves, and that maybe she wanted comfort. I snorted in frustration; this mare did not know what she wanted. Should I even bother with her, if every time she got scared, she’d close off and treat me differently? I searched for a friend, but I could not be sure that Tares was the right one, and I could not be sure that she even wanted me. The brief feeling of strength coating that bond of our friendship melted away, and I was left feeling how I felt that day at the lake: unsure how to deal with her, not positive I wanted to.

I understood the reason for her skittishness, but I was impatient; it was irritating to be so outwardly untrusted by a mare that I cared so much for. A one-sided relationship would be too much work, and I knew I did not want that. I walked in front of Tares, my eyes full of bright green flames. “I am not in this friendship if every time I put myself out there to be a comfort, I get the cold shoulder from you. There is nothing I have done wrong, and I understand how sick your past must have been. But, Tares, I know no one else in this world. I would not ever hurt a fly, and I care about you more than anything. If you do not want me here, I shall leave, but I hope that if that is what you choose, you understand that you will never be close with me again. I give you this chance. If you would like to have a caring, trusting friend in this world, one that will always listen to you and never judge, then you can follow me into the sky. If not, farewell Tares, I hope you know that our friendship would be the greatest loss to me.”

I ran to the entrance of the crag and unfurled my great black hawk wings, and let them carry me to the starless night sky, hoping with every fiber of my being that Tares with her wings of flame would be behind me.

Messages In This Thread
That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM