the Rift

That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I gasped as her wings enveloped me from behind, tepid and comforting, with the touch of more than a friend. I jumped a bit as her nose nuzzled my neck, and I felt my heart jump, for I had won the love of this sweet, timid mare. I felt her eyes begging me to turn around, as she asked me to show her what love is. Slowly, I pivoted, careful to stay in my flaming, feathery blanket. How exactly could I show her love when I knew not if I had experienced it myself? My green eyes delved into the depths of her yellow ones, and I smiled shyly and slowly touched my nose to hers and rubbed slightly. I extended my neck so our whole faces were touching, along with the sides of our neck and nuzzled from her crest to withers with affection. I came back around to look into her eyes.

“I am not sure I completely know what love is. I do not recall if I have experienced so, but I am sure of what I feel with you. I think we will figure out together what love truly is, though it may take some time. One thing I do know is love is devotion, and devotion is care. I know I adore you, and I have adored you since the moment I met you. I know I am entirely shocked that you feel similarly to me. I never thought you would love me…nor admit that you might have those feelings. I care for you, Tares, and I am so happy that you are letting me.” I nosed her mane, gently ruffling it with my breath and left my nose pressed to the side of hers.

There was no way to describe what I was feeling, except for pure and undiluted joy. Maybe that was what felt like, and yet I still had no way of knowing. Suddenly, I remembered the stallion’s voice, which I had heard that day at the lake, calling me beautiful. I wondered if he was a love from my past life, and yet I felt nothing when I thought of him. Perhaps he was not a worthy love for me. I shook those thoughts away; why did I need them when I had Tares here beside me? I slowly nuzzled her again and unfurled my wings to wrap around her, and we stood there in our winged embrace.

Messages In This Thread
That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-23-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: That Sweet and Lonesome Song [Aure] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM