the Rift

No Wind to Carry Me Home {||Catillatio, Open||}

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

Dark ears wavered to and fro as they tried to locate the source of the call that had resonated across the flowery field. Locating the source of the noise, the stallion raised his own and pricked his own ears towards the other beast. The wind had carried the smell of the ocean towards the yellow stallion, and he immediately assumed that the cinder-colored stallion must have come from the Edge. Ricochet's knowledge of his former home had become rusty, however, and he could not be so sure.

"Come on, Guns," the brute spoke softly, only wanting his companion to hear his command, and then changed his course so that he was walking directly towards the dunskin. As Ricochet drew closer, he found that his tense muscles were relaxing more, and more until he was just casually gliding through the grass. Moments ago he would have considered the striped stallion to be a threat, but now that he was up-close to the tyrant he could only picture him as a smooth-talking ladies man. He was probably a lot fiercer than he appeared to be, but Ricochet could only see a lean-built stag with a stride that was as fluid as a stream wind caressing tall stalks of grass.

He looks to be more of a dancer than anything, the buckskin commented to himself while raking his blue gaze across the brute's architecture. But maybe what he lacks in brute strength he makes up for in technique. It was a blunt statement more than it was a question.

With a hearty sigh the buckskin shook out his mane, walked past the barred equine, and called over his shoulder, "As you can see, I'm in a hurry; and yes, I have traveled far." The brute cast his gaze around the flower-spotted meadow, trying to find where his dog had run off to. It turned out to be more of a challenge than what it was worth, though, so the quarter horse stomped his hooves and turned around. "Seeing as I've lost my dog, again, I might as well ask you of your business here. You must be here for some reason or another, and I know it's not to chat. No one comes to the Threshold to chat."

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Wind to Carry Me Home {||Catillatio, Open||} - by Ricochet - 02-20-2013, 12:04 AM