the Rift

if you cannot defeat them, join them. [ophelia or ktulu?]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia spied the gray stallion whom she, Kri and Peixos had knocked out in the first push of fighting still lingering on the borders, and the alabaster mare frowned. Why had he not gone running with his tail caught between his legs? For such a large stallion, he had not lasted in battle as long as she had expected. The burdens of being a lead in a large land had not yet tumbled upon her narrow shoulders, but as she approached the opponent, she felt the gap between responsibility and victory dwindling. She favored her hind, right leg that was nicked, but the gash on her jaw had coagulated. Blood still stained her perfectly white coat down her chest, some of the blood from Locket's crest painting her chest as well.

Dual colored eyes regarded the stallion as he spoke to her, raising a brow curiously. A smirk crossed her lips which did not last as long as her amusement. Ophelia felt her muscles quiver from use and the exhaustion from stress and battle were wearing on her slowly. All she wanted to do now was sleep, but instead she would spend the rest of the daylight hours educating the lost, misunderstanding children of the former Foothills what it meant to be in the Grey - what it meant to be family.

Ophelia's cloven hooves stopped a fair distance away, but close enough to listen and speak comfortably. She had no interest in being the object of some sort of random retaliation, so the white mare kept her distance. "You have no interest in fighting and yet you fought..." she trailed, brows furrowed. "The Grey is a family of mercenaries and spies, and we exist to fulfill contracts of espionage and violence. To choose to stay here and serve us with your metal working directly serves war and secrecy." The mare let out a heavy sigh and grit her teeth slightly, though she found that doing so made her jaw ache.

"The position of masonry will be reserved for those interested who have served myself and my sister loyally. We are a skilled group, and our crafters, healers and spies are also useful as warriors. To allow you into our group would make you a liability, though if you are comfortable with directly aiding in making metal weapons and augmentations, I could not refuse." Ophelia looked at him evenly, Tinek coming to rest on her shoulders. The silver dragon was also tired. He had worked hard in the battle and was unused to having to succumb to such maturity. He tucked his head behind her pale tresses and closed his crimson eyes. "The choice is yours."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: if you cannot defeat them, join them. [ophelia or ktulu?] - by Ophelia - 03-12-2013, 12:05 AM