the Rift

Searching for No One [Open]

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“I’ve had better days….please accept my apology for startling you, it wasn’t my intention to frighten.”

Oh, well I seem to have come across as a girly lady, who gets frightened at the ruffle of a feather. Huh. Well, that definitely was not my intention.
I do get startled, but not frightened. “My name is Midas by the way,” Wonderful. I always remember names, so if he ends up being crappy, I will be sure to remember this for ages to come. And that is exactly why so many daydreams find themselves in my mind. So I decide to point his impression of me in the correct direction: "I believe I have come across incorrectly. I was frightened a bit, and I accept your apology like a polite mare like myself should, but I believe all that startled me was a small daydream of mine. You cannot escape it when you have a startling history, and at the same time being trapped on your own for weeks without another soul to so much as mutter to."

I end up stomping, getting myself worked up over a few bits of speech of mine. "Sorry for seeming a bit confused in the area of emotions. I promise you, it is just hysterics creeping up on me out of loneliness for however long it has been...I usually don't act so oddly." So if he takes that last one wrong, let him be confused. Like I would care anyway.

"Now, I believe you said your name was Midas. You also seem to be more than just a homeless wanderer. The Throat interested in any new residents?" I assume it probably came across as a very straight-forward question for a random fem like myself, but I would like to see other pegasus like myself more often than about a month at a time.

I feel a trickle of moisture slide down my neck. How could it already be, uh, Tallsun, already? I only learned that term about a year or so ago, and it still teases me, erasing itself at times like everything else that is hard to remember since I came here. I have been here long enough to know at least what the cold times feel like, and so far, neither scorching hot, nor blistering cold will satisfy my ever-changing body temperature, the one that just can't seem to find a good medium. Ever. It is uncomfortable dealing with the confusing climate, but I am working on it.

I tremble a fly off of my wing, waiting for the response to my most likely rude question. I can't believe it is so challenging for me to predict the reactions to anything that searches it's way out of my vocal cords, but after some thought, I always remember that Kindling's wrath was a silent infection waiting for me to discover, making me have to realize what is happening too late; I have been punished for no reason sickly by Kindling in so many ways, poor social skills being one of them.

And to think that she was just a foal so many years ago, so innocent.

OOC: Thanks for the reminder :) I will remember that.

Messages In This Thread
Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-25-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM