the Rift

Searching for No One [Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

"I believe I have come across incorrectly.” Brows raise curiously, slowly my wings relax a little, but my poster remains rigidly maintained. I wait to hear what her justifications might be, despite personal desire that we might move past unfortunate first judgment. “I was frightened a bit, and I accept your apology like a polite mare like myself should, but I believe all that startled me was a small daydream of mine.” She could have stopped at, "I was frightened and accept your apology". But no. For some ungodly reason the woman kept on talking until she admitted that it wasn’t me that had startled her at all—it had been a daydream. A daydream? She rattles off more information that doesn’t seem to tie into her daydream claim until I’m certain that during this onslaught my head has slowly craned to one side as if draining blood to the left side of my brain would somehow make this conversation clearer.

How in the world had she been trapped alone? There was creatures all over this land, sometimes to many for counting. It was a alarming to think that she hadn’t held contact with her own kind for many weeks. Or perhaps she was just a little touched in the head. As words kept on spewing I began to think the latter. "Sorry for seeming a bit confused in the area of emotions. I promise you, it is just hysterics creeping up on me out of loneliness for however long it has been...I usually don't act so oddly." At this point of this ramble I'd grown stark still and am currently double checking to make sure my mouth isn’t hanging wide open. Words leave me for a long moment; I wasn’t sure how to respond to crazy.

"Now, I believe you said your name was Midas. You also seem to be more than just a homeless wanderer. The Throat interested in any new residents?"

It takes me a few seconds to register that she had been able to title my home correctly. Apparently this stranger wasn’t so alone after all, how else would a foreigner have known about my clan unless they had been born in Helovia, gossiped with the local brambles or witnessed its sands firsthand. Carefully I choose my next set of words, “Aye Miss, we are always looking for new blood that is willing to become part of a working unit—a family.” The sentence comes out slow and steady, still wary of this strange girl who had yet to issue a name, “What name do you go by?”

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM