the Rift

Self Pity (Open)

Crven Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Crven
Someone I used to know....

An apparition seemed to appear right out of the air, her dark pelt melding so perfectly with the night that even upon closer inspection it was hard to see her features. Save for that long cloud of a mane that fell like a veil across her neck. Unconsciously she curled her neck, an attempt to hide her own naked hide. The mysterious creature seemed almost concerned, and for a moment Crven wondered why. Ah....it was for her...how strange to run into someone out here that cared that she was upset.....Well....it would have been a surprise to run into someone who cared anywhere....but out here in this frozen wasteland the thought was even more farfetched. Her marbled ears twitched, swiveling towards the sweet sound of the ghosts voice."Ignita..." She said softly....someone had mentioned that name to her before, with an air of reverence in their voice....But she could not specify why....That lone stallion with the lighting strike on his shoulder perhaps? Though he had said very little before falling silent in Thor’s presence. She wondered though...would her situation have been different if he had not? "Yes, I mean no....I mean....I am fine, thank you.." Speech never came easy to her, though she didn’t have a whole lot of conversations under her belt to begin with.

And then from the darkness came another spectre, so bright was his pelt in the darkness that he almost glowed. A beautiful twisted horn sprouted from his skull, his radiant mane seeming to flow like liquid gold as he drew closer. Unconsciously she took a small step closer to Ignitia. Though she had not met a unicorn of these lands yet she was well aware of the stories.....They hated equines of the normal sort, treating them as less than themselves. Though...this stallion seemed friendly, his pale lips curling into the semblance of a smile as he addressed her. M’lady....well that was new. She had been shocked when Thor had called her ‘Miss’.....but M’lady she had never heard before, though his voice treated it as some sort of endearment. He addressed Ignita...something she would not expect from someone who was supposed to be racist and cruel, respect followed his words...Yet another blow to the image of unicorns she had built up in her skull. He was small, though not discerningly so. He reminded her of a deer...able to flit through the forest without disturbing a single leaf. It took her a moment to realize that he was waiting for her to speak....and that she was staring...something she hated when it was turned on her. She quickly averted her eyes, feeling blood warm her furred cheeks. "Yes...but I am fine....thanks to both of you for asking.....I had not expected to run into such kind beings out here in the middle of nowhere...." Faelon......she rolled his name on her tongue, trying it out without actually speaking. It reminded her of summer rain....fluent and beautiful...just like this unicorn. "Faelon...." She said softly, trying out his name just as she had Ignita’s......it was a habit of hers to repeat names....something she should probably break herself from, lest someone be offended or angered.

Her pale eyes flickered between the two of them, Ignita’s dark pelt in strong contrast against his pale one....... Just then seeing the dark horn that sprouted from her forehead....so not only was she in the company of one unicorn...but two...And neither of them had been so much as rude to her. It just went to show you that hearsay was worthless. "I was letting myself wallow in a bit of self pity.....a bad habit of mine." She smiled, but that sheen to her eyes was still there....That sadness in her soul sparkled like the scales of fish beneath the oceans surface.

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Self Pity (Open) - by Crven - 03-25-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Ignita - 03-25-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Faelon - 03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Crven - 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Faelon - 03-31-2013, 01:16 PM