the Rift

Behind us in the dust | open

Azalea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Something eases in the dark mare when this other speaks. Warmth - love - encapsulates the every thrum of spoken word. Azalea thinks of places now long lost, of sunshine through pink flower petals. Memory of a spotted stallion lingers too within the sacred halls of the mind, locked up tightly and yet reexamined often. Strange, that Azalea should hear such raw, familiar longing in the tone of a foreign mare. Shaking out her dark mane, the young pegasus steps closer and allows her blunt wings to hang loose. "I am fortunate to find one so like myself," she observes quietly. The new information is digested in a moment of silence, as Azalea's ears twitch. "Especially in such a strange land."

Deeming Valhalla no threat, Azalea walks past the other mare and looked out across acres of sighing blue waves. They ought to recall the Moonlit Tides, she thinks, but Azalea knew only a little of the beach there. She had been a creature of sheer towers and blue skies, and later snow... Such cold memories for such a golden place. She tosses her head, dried petals scattering from thick tangles of mane. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Valhalla. I am Azalea, Zodiac's daughter." Maybe her father's name will strike some spark of recognition, as her sleek complexion clearly does not. Azalea recognizes nothing of Valhalla, either, and wonders if perhaps the slate grey mare is younger - a child of war. A child of shivering earth. Despite the warmth, Azalea cannot quite suppress a shiver. She thinks for another moment, and then speaks again to cover up her fear.

"Actually... I came here searching for him - my father. He's been lost a long time. A part of me fears that he died fighting, but he was the only family I knew. I... hoped to bury him, at least." A glance over one satin shoulder, and the mare cocks her head gently. She never planned on telling the tale but now it fits well with the story of a lost princess, a wandering maiden... This Valhalla may know something, and the possibility of dredging up even the meanest truth brings lightness to Azalea's voice.

Azalea

Messages In This Thread
Behind us in the dust | open - by Valhalla - 07-29-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Azalea - 07-29-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Valhalla - 07-30-2012, 01:55 AM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Azalea - 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Valhalla - 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Azalea - 07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Valhalla - 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Azalea - 08-05-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Behind us in the dust | open - by Valhalla - 08-08-2012, 04:26 PM