the Rift

Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Guilt flooded through me as the mare’s yellow eyes bitterly clouded over as I first said I was wary about a child. Immediately I knew I must right the wrong, and I saw her eyes burst into yellow flames of life that glowed with her love for me. I pawed the ground happily to see her like this, filled with the same love for me as I her. I knew this was where I belonged, underneath her flaming wings, with Arbutus flitting about us. My withers slumped slightly as she told me she must reside in the Foothills until the birth of our lovely, lovely child. Emotion welled up in my chest and I nearly begged for her not to go. What would I do without my beautiful lover, the only one who knew me and accepted me for everything?

I whinnied softly and sadly, filled with the grief of losing her, even if only temporarily. I needed her fiery wings, sweet yellow eyes, and velvety ears and nose to simply keep me going. I had no one else; I was to be alone until she and our foal could be born. I would not even be there for the birth of our foal, and its first few days. Anger overwhelmed the sadness I felt at losing her, and changed to the frustration of not being with my foal from the moment it was born. The gods had no right to take that from me and make me feel like less of a mother than Tares. “There is no way the gods will let me be with you for the birth in the Foothills? Tares, I cannot let you go through that alone. And to miss the first few precious days with our child…I will miss everything. Everything that is important. Only you and strangers will experience it, not our child’s mother. How could the gods do this…take those precious moments away from me?” I nuzzled my head against her soft neck for comfort as I despaired. I felt that I would not know my own foal when I first met them. I would have to learn everything from Tares, who would always be more connected to them, surely the favorite parent to our child. I snorted angrily at how the gods gave us such a wonderful gift, and yet had to spite me as well.

Messages In This Thread
Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM