the Rift

Elegance Remains [Open]

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
||ADALAIDE||
shades of jaded shadows

I had little to no warning over this newcomer's arrival. Or rather this older inhabitant's arrival. I must remember that I am the one new to this place and not the other way around. Yet it appears as though I don't know which way it would best be. I guess I must start somewhere.

The stallion spoke and surprise flooded my face. It was not his smile or his presence but rather his appearance. He looked like something from a children's story book! Like something a mother would tell their child about. Three horns were encrusted upon his head. I had only heard of unicorns from time to time. They were mostly small female foals or girls as the humans had once called them that dreamed of them and talked of them.

At the sound of his name I curtsy as I have only been taught to in the greeting of another. "'Tis a pleasure to meet thee, Cythraul. My name is Adalaide." My accent is heavy in my speech, I realize. I believed it would have worn off being away from proper speech. I was wrong.

The horned stallion continued and I sensed an amount of trustworthiness in his voice. Promised good being from him along with a warning gave me a sense that what he spoke was true. Though my heart lurched at the sound of other, what I thought, make-believe creatures, it didn't surprise me as much.

"Why, goodman," I chuckled slightly with a slightly nervous, slightly friendly smile "I don't suppose I can trust anyone other than thee with the kind of warning ye just gave me and considering the fact that thee doesn't appear racist. Aye, last time I saw my reflection, I didn't have three horns upon my crest." I chuckled once more, in a friendly manner. In an unknown land, I needed as many allies as I could get.

When the question of where I was supposed to stay came up, my brow rose slightly; partly out of curiosity and partly out of the actual question of where the hell am I supposed to stay? The stallion however, motioned towards a wood and a grateful, happy, and friendly smile spread upon my face. "I would be ever so grateful. Pray, show me the way? I think it best if I can find a place to hang my head for the night, as it's eventide."

My smile faded into a frown once I sensed sadness and grief from the stallion. His facial expressions kind of just dropped in a sense. Just when he looked in one way. I wasn't sure exactly what to say or do and it wasn't exactly something I was sure to tread on. Afterall, I had just met him. Need not to ruin a fragile building alliance by treading on a weak spot. I was smarter than that. "Why, good sir, I'm unsure of whether I am right or wrong but thou appears sad. Which brings me to my next question, are you alright? Perchance, if my help can be of any possible service, I'd be happy to lend it?"

Messages In This Thread
Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-04-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-05-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-06-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM