the Rift

[OPEN] On my own

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I felt bad to be instantly so negative about the Pegasus mare. My ears unpin a bit and I try to relax but truly I can feel myself breaking down, but I couldn't, I wouldn't. I lower my head slightly whilst she spoke, she didn't finish though and I was left wondering what she was going to say but there was a reason she did not finish. My head turn's to the side slightly to see a blur of blue heading my way, which I instantly recognize as Aryel. My head lifts slightly and a small smile flickers from my lips at the sound of her laughing voice. It was good to here someone laughing again but still, that didn't block out the guilt that still pounded on at me. She had fought for me, injured herself and lost. Not only had I caused her pain but probably also embarrassment. But I knew that, even one fight, did not determine if you were good or not and I knew she was more then good, she was amazing.

The warmth from her when she 'hugged' me made me relax instantly. I was safe here, in the Throat. Then there was another unexpected arrival. A chocolate figure with a creamy mane swooping down. My attention diverts to here. I had seen her though never spoke to her in person. It was Kri. I knew nothing of what she was like and so I didn't have a opinion on her except for respect for being such a great leader. She speaks softly, asking if a healer was needed. I shake my head along with the words, "No, I...I think I am alright that you." I offer her a small smile, trying to prove that I was ok because I was pretty sure I was. On the outside anyway, emotional pain could not be healed like that.

My eyes flicker to Aryel."How'd you get out?" My eyes flicker back to Kri, noting the change in her tone. "Where has she been, and why was it not reported to your superiors?" There was another ping of guilt. Kri's tone had a edge to it, a warning in it. The guilt was becoming greater with each passing second. I knew how devoted Aryel was to the herd and how much she respected her leader but now it seemed she was going to have some unwanted, harsh, stern words thrown at her, all because of me, words pour out all at once and I side step so that I am facing Kri, more head on, my words to defend Aryel and although they were shaky I was determined to have my say. "Kri please, it was not Aryel's fault I disappeared without trace. I...I was just...I was just exploring...and then...and then... " I look down at the ground, nearly allowing tears to roll down my cheeks, but I refused and to stop them I look back up at her. "She tried to help, when she knew..she did. She fought her hardest to free me and Athena-" My voice cut's of. One reason because I remembered Crowley's threat if I told anyone anything. Had I just given away that Athena was there? But that was not the most important reason I had stopped talking.

Levi! It was Levi! I forgot that I hadn't finished of what I was saying, it was Levi, he was here! I galloped up to meet him though I didn't have to go far since he had been thundering along. He seemed to be gasping for breath when he screamed my name. A huge wing was draped over me as a hug. I pressed my body close to his. He seemed in a state, a bad one. Words fired from his mouth and it was now that tears were rolling down my cheeks. I had never herd of the stallion Tio he had talked of but I hated him already. He had hurt Levi, and was a threat to my home, our home. “I’m so sorry Lana.” More tears tumble down my cheeks and they didn't seem to stop. I forgot every one around me although I was grateful for knowing each of them. Africa because I had a new friend? I hoped. Kri because she was my leader. Aryel because she was such a brilliant person and a hero. And Levi? So may reasons. Levi because although we were not technically related I could still call him my dad and I knew, no matter what, he would always be there for me. "Levi, it's ok...you did nothing wrong. Protecting the herd is all you wanted to do and...and you do it so well. I love you." I pressed my body closer to his.

"blah blah blah."

[ OMG I am so sorry for how long and drabby this post is D: ]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Messages In This Thread
On my own - by Lana - 04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: On my own - by Aryel - 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: On my own - by Kri - 04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: On my own - by Levi - 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: On my own - by Lana - 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: On my own - by Aryel - 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM