the Rift

[OPEN] Only miss the sun when it stars to snow
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
“Ah! Good man! You are too clever Midas, General of the Dragon's Throat”

Gaucho had just done something rather unthinkable—he said my name without struggle or drag. It was clear and crisp, not only that the boy seemed to remember my title as well. Brows furrowed, signaling outwardly the confusion I was feeling inwardly. We hardly ever used formalites, I didn’t call him ‘soldier’ and he hardly ever called my anything more than, ‘My-dus.’ The bay warrior offers an explanation that does absolutely nothing to ease worries.

"Alas Midas, it is troubles of the heart that keep me awake this long night...”

By now Fina had even glanced up from her roast upon my spine to stare at Gaucho, her curiosity born from the fact that this was the most throats prized fighter had spoken in…ever. Since when was the big brute ever concerned with matters of the heart? My growing skepticism only increased when another figure alighted in the sand close by, her body a familiar sight. Though I couldn’t quite place where I had seen the woman before.

She offered a greetings and I no sooner than turned my head a fraction of an inch to reply when Gaucho fell to one knee. Dumbfounded my hindquarters bunched up and out of sheer discomfort they retracted a step back from them. "Forgive my wandering eyes, but one does not often see angels fall from the stars before their very eyes.” Gaze sharpened, narrowing to a fine point. “Good evening..” I uttered to the girl, granting her a glance before turning attention back to the centerpiece of this conversation. Carefully so not to be so obvious, I traced along his features. Starting at the antlers and trailing beyond, searching for something amiss.

Had I been alone, nothing of note would have struck me as odd. Other than the way our company spoke. Fina shot me an image of a silver mamba, his companion that usually rested somewhere along his body. She only remembered because after meeting it she wanted to make a meal, and now that it wasn’t around……Where was it? With hauntingly quiet vocals I ask, “Is your heart weighted with grief from the loss of your serpent?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only miss the sun when it stars to snow - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 12:55 PM