the Rift

I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN]

Ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
‡ a h i ‡
i'll be your lantern in the night encasing you with light

My eyes blinked a few times and I stopped in my tracks quickly. I needed to wait a bit more for I was still a bit woozy. Move too quick and I was liable to fall face first. That definitely was not on my agenda for today nor ever. Somehow I had already managed to do just that and end up in this place. How had I gotten here, anyways?

My blue eyes rolled and my neck shook as I stood to regain my regal-like posture. The royal walking of my old home was something we took pride in. It was more like a dance type walk that often entranced younger children and foals. Instead of it being some prance it was more like an inebriated stumble.

I outstretched my wings down to my side so their entire span covered the small clearing in length. They were being used for balance rather than anything more right now. Their silky like appearance reflected the glints of evening light. I looked my wary eyes up into the canopy, seeking the signs that nature so carefully gave us all to tell the time of day. The brightness shocked my eyes once I finally found what I sought. I recoiled my head almost instantly for my eyes weren't ready for it.

I was weak right now... I was vulnerable. It hurt my pride and my dignity; I was independent and strong, not prey. This wasn't me! It wasn't right! During that time, I swear I felt the universe wasn't rightly balanced.

I stepped back in my recoil and stirred up a pile of leaves in the process. I heard slight crunching from the dead leaves being compressed into the earth by the weight of my large hooves. I was destroying my own cover by acting cowardly. I had to be cautious for I wasn't in a right position to fight just currently. Soon, but not now.

A voice erupted into the silence of the forest and I froze all movement, my head instantly flying to the direction of the voice to my left. I drew my wings to my body defensively by instinct. It was just a reaction from the battles and meeting unknown strangers I just so happened to do subconsciously, if I thought about it or not. Not even the sweetest and youngest of voices had managed to throw me off yet.

"You there! Hello, do you seek company this evening?"

It was an abrupt meeting and my confused mind was not yet prepared. "Damn it!" I thought. I wanted to be more equipped for any confrontations. Best to play it safe, but of course I was a gentlemen either way until hostility was inevitable.

"Why m'lady, I'm not quite sure how I've found myself in this predicament. I'm searching for a place to call home and a good cause to protect."

I huff with frustration and shake my head. It must have been some hard fall, however I got here. Luckily, it wouldn't last lot.

"I'm getting caught up with myself. I go by Ahi, and you may be?"

My short and stocky body walked towards the mare, deep blue eyes scanning the mare.

"Talk"

Messages In This Thread
I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 04:58 PM