the Rift

[OPEN] Catch a falling star (Elope)

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

My mind was always at work, studying this and that. Figuring out how the world processed daily todo's. To my right a little snow hare bounded off, its fur a patchwork of brown and white. Frostfall would be here soon and its body would wear a new alabaster coat. I didn’t understand why or how, what mattered was I took notice. My environment was the perfect playground for a growing filly. Swift rabbit hops couldn’t be followed by my immature legs, but I certainly tried.

After having made only ten or so paces forward, the hare had vanished from sight. Leaving me to frown at the spot it had just been, one day, I thought. I wanted to be just as fast as a hare one day. Something shifted among the tall timbers. My head cranes around, ears pointed toward the direction of soft shuffling. Hoofbeats that were unrecognizable to me, though it wasn’t surprising. Mother kept us mostly to ourselves, not drawing unnecessary attention. Unfortunately for her, my physical body drew unwanted eyes.

I was blissfully unaware of strife that could possible form from this meeting. A woman emerged, young of face. Tall and lean, beautiful to look at. Somehow, she reminded me of the little snowflakes that fell around us. The beam she wore was met in kind as I turned respectfully to meet a set of eyes that happened to be warm from having just frolicked around as I had.

The lady approached and I didn’t flinch, fear wasn’t part of a daily routine when thrust with family and friends. “I’m Snö- who are you?” Just like all the others, the white temptress spoke with her lips; not her mind. This was no longer frustrating to me, it was merely another fact of life. Apparently I was alone in the ability to communicate. My head rose, meeting her gaze with unflinching kindness born from a pure heart; gently tiny fingers reached out mentally. Though physically I remained still as stone, my tendrils of power stretched to softly touch the frontal lobe of her being. “Snö….beeu-tiff-ful….”

My spirit stumbles of saying the word, it comes out as a toddler might say in the attempt. Quietly I whisper through our bond, “I’m Sielu.” Practice had made perfect the ability to at the very least say my title without falter, I’m rather proud of this and it shows through the bond.

"Do you want to run with me through the snow?".

Words don’t answer the glee I feel. This one wanted to play! “Yes.” Kicking forward I push limbs into a trot, fully extending each leg to gain ground. The little feathering smoke along my feet flash when hooves rise and then disappear again when they fall only to be hidden by snow. My hindquarters bounce behind me, the cold nipped my snout. I craned head around me, soundlessly laughing about having found this wonderful angelic creature to share an afternoon with. Could she taste the innocent childhood happiness on my lips? Could she feel it radiating through a bond that had weakened due to my concentration not being fully focused upon it?

credits

Messages In This Thread
Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Sielu - 04-12-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Snö - 04-13-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Sielu - 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Snö - 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM