Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

She shifted, obviously confused about what I was trying to ask. I didn’t blame her for feeling at a loss when it came to delving into herself to find the answers that would ultimately help me understand just who Mikali was. But, I certainly hadn’t expected her to lose sight of herself completely. However, I had been there at one time; I had felt as though I wasn’t quite sure of the skills that I had to offer. All she needed was a bit of persistent nudging and she would be able to answer my questions one day. However, until then, I had no problem with the focus resting fully on my shoulders once again. I smiled lightly at her before turning to gaze off into the distance. She sought a way out from beneath my scrutiny, but I intended to make her realize that she would be perfectly safe in my company- I held no judgment for the girl simply because this was just the beginning of her journey in Helovia.

I watched as the waves began to roll in with the high tide and I pondered just how nice it would feel to have them wash up and over my knees. The water would bring certain relief to my tired body and yet the idea sounded blasphemous. To stand on the rocks below would also bring certain death and until the day came that the Gods asked for my life, I would simply stand at the cliff face and peer down into my own uncertainty.

I looked back to the silvery mare with ebony painted threads, hoping to find curiosity written onto her crystalline features. She had no idea where I’d been or who I really was, just as I did not know her. But I wanted to abolish those walls between us and find common ground- find trust. “I will give you time to figure out your answer and then we will revisit my question to you. I would hope that you could find purpose here in the Edge.” I fixed a warm gaze on her dual-colored eyes, trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. She would find comfort here in time and then and only then would she finally feel secure enough to relieve herself of the past from which she ran.

I desire comfort and love and all things that make this place home. I cannot say that I’ve ever truly acquired such commodities but one day I wish to have them all. I’ve been blessed with a beautiful daughter, a loving mate, and a homeland in which I can now call me own. But I still feel as though none of this is mine… It’s all too surreal.” I turned away from her for a moment trying to understand where I was headed with my admissions. I wanted her to understand that no matter where we came from, no matter what we did… we were all the same in one way or another. “I want to fulfill the purpose I’ve been given, even if it still doesn’t entirely make sense to me.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 03-26-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 03-30-2013, 03:41 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 04-07-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Sulwyn - 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 04-24-2013, 01:54 AM