the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Our numbers swelled. A decent harvest for a year of reaping, even after two threshing our clan remained large and strong. Allies were made, they created an invisible blanket of warm protection. We had little to fear from the outside, but that didn’t mean that our virtues shouldn’t air on the side of caution. Not when I had found a rouge warrior brashly attacking one of our sisters out in the open, and not with the said rumors of doubles wearing the faces of our brethren running amuck.

Since Cera had come to me, his eyes filled with terror and a story upon his lips of a monster who took my face; I have been on edge. My guess was that his experience was from some sort of magic, some entity that was sent to test him. Further exploration of this story had lead me to the spot where the monster had been seen, yet not a trace of him remained save for a few hoof marks that matched my own. We the matter pass for now, though I knew that magic of this sort had to be reported to Kri. We had scarcely the time to speak, my leaders kept us busy.

The changing of seasons had come, and with it bringing joy for the cooler air—and a meeting.

I went to go get Cera, who was coming of age; by next season he would no longer be a colt. But I couldn’t think of such things as we poured as a group into the great halls of sandstone. Stomping up dry dust into the swirling air, unknowingly my magic hardened the particles around me—clumping them up until they grew heavy and fell back to earth in slightly bigger mass that would go unnoticed by those that didn’t pay close attention.

It wasn’t long after the meeting had begun that Kri opened jaws and began the start of a rather bold speak that hushed our gathering. My ears pricked forward as her words spilled new information. Far north of here was a land called, “Aurora Basin.” I hadn’t taken the liberty to visit this territory, some thought it was empty of life—barren and without fruits to pass survival. Then again, most who entered the Throat of a dragon thought the same—yet we remained. She spoke of our allies, the edge. I remembered them with only slight fondness; their friendship was welcomed, but I knew little of the leaders or the children behind its borders. Still, my Sultana seemed to trust them wholeheartedly; so I would do the same.

Kri then spoke of Azzuen. My heart pitched forward, bottomless pits remained on my leader—but I could feel them glaze even as she spoke. It was true we all still grieved over this loss; a mentor that could never be replaced in my eyes. He had been a true spirit, worthy of every reward an afterlife had to offer. I still longed for his guidance, and ever since his passing have felt the full weight of our herd upon my shoulders. The order to travel in pairs was maintained, my eyes drifted to find Cera’s—their pits filled with concern for the youth, not harshness. He had my companion, and his own; even then all those measures still didn’t feel adequate enough.

Aryel spoke up before Kri’s words had barely silenced, my gaze fell upon her. A frown forming when she suggested war. We knew nothing of this, barely understood their evil. Yet my sergeant would have us strike blind? A favored daughter of the sand stepped up to speak next, her words mimicking my own unspoken utterances. A two year old held more wisdom then her elder, such like father to daughter. The girl had a firm head upon shoulders and would grow to be a proud warrior.

Onni speaks next, also reprimanding Aryel’s idea. A fellow from the Edge moves to take his turn, a General for their ranks. I listen to his offering and extended branch of trust with quiet interest. A few citizens moved to respond with their voice pitched toward grinding evil beneath hoof. Seems like everyone had their point to make in this meeting.Turning my gaze toward Kri with hopes of catching her eyes, I nod once to her. A silent assurance that her will would be done. Or I would die trying.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Cierra - 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Avalon - 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Eios - 04-21-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Aiko Darleane - 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM