the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

This is the first herd meeting that I have been called to in my time in the Throat. It is a bit overwhelming, truth be told, to be among so many. I have gone from being an outcast, a loner, to being a part of a very large herd, though I have never before seen so many gathered at once. I have met one or two - Kri and Sumati, of course, everyone here knew at least by face. I for one have never spoken with either of them, but I trust them nonetheless. Their duty is to us, their lives as good as ours. They have given everything for us, and I would gladly do the same for them. Also among those that I know are the General, the Healers - again, only by face. And then there is Gaucho.

A dull ache sprouts in my throat and anxiety spread through my limbs, for I know that my mate cannot be far away at a herd meeting like this. However, I cannot yet see his body through the remainder of the group, and I cannot help but let my orbs return to and linger on the primitive steed for a moment. He is tall and handsome, as ever, but he does not speak. This is not surprising, given the trouble he seemed to have with even my name during our brief but life-changing encounter. A silent laugh explodes in my mind, but it is not happy. It is scornful, for I know that our 'encounter,' as I so politely call it, was fifty shades of wrong.

I close my eyes and count to ten, willing my gaze back to our leaders when I open them. I listen carefully to the conversation around me, focusing on each and every voice, memorizing faces, tones, accents - anything to keep my mind on the present. It does start to drift after a while, though, but thankfully it does not return to the predicament of Gaucho and Note. Instead, I begin to consider how I might be of help. I am no fighter, so even volunteering as a soldier would be impossible, let alone competing for the rank of General. Instead, I silently wish luck to all of those who would choose to participate. The thought of healing again enters my mind, as it has done so often before, but again I shy away from the thought of blood. I am a peaceful soul, and I do not like these preparations for war. Still, it is my duty to offer my help wherever it may be needed.

Suddenly, a thought comes to me: the wall. If I remember correctly, it has yet to be completed. It would be something to do, something productive, something that would protect the ones I love from outside threats. And I would avoid the blood of battle. Gathering my courage, I speak out: "Sultanas, my herd, I would like to wish the best of luck to those who wil compete in the upcoming Tournament. However, I would also like to raise a different question - what of this wall that has been started? It can offer us protection, or at least deter our enemies from entering our lands unannounced." Turning my attention solely to my leaders now, I bow my head. "I would like to offer my assistance, if I may. I am no soldier, nor am I a healer; I would be no use in combat. But I would like to contribute to the protection of our family, if I may."

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Cierra - 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Avalon - 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Eios - 04-21-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Sohalia - 04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting] - by Aiko Darleane - 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM