Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

Her words were inviting and strong, which made me turn to look once more into her dual-colored eyes. I hadn’t expected her praise, nor thought that I’d earned it in any way… but it was surprising all the same. I nodded slowly and smiled, trying to think of the words that would somehow express my gratitude.

But they never came.

It’s safe to say that I was little startled to see Sulwyn after all this time, despite her living in the Edge alongside me. I was more than delighted to find her well, but my attentions were completely thrown after such narrow concentration. Xanthos had been and gone, leaving only the morning to accompany Mikali and I, which was pleasant enough even after the soft gold’s and purples of dawn had faded. She was certainly interesting company to keep and I held no reservations about the girl, but I suppose there’s always room for a bit of unexpected conversation as I’d like to call it. “Good morning Sulwyn, I suppose you’re just as eager as the rest of us early-morning risers. I have to admit that the Edge is most elegant at this time of day.” I smiled warmly at the mustang, hoping to make her feel welcome in spite of her sudden appurtenance. However, the way her shoulders twitched and the way her eyes seemed a little too bright made me think that she wouldn’t be staying long.

She never seemed to be much of a stationary creature. She enjoyed roaming, as it was her heritage.

However, it was still a bit shocking just how quickly she’d come and gone. It was as if I’d suddenly contracted the plague and she feared that I’d somehow infect her as well. I guess that was another thing I would never understand about mares- they always had an ulterior motive for nearly everything they did and I would never once be able to figure it out.

For a moment, I watched her go and I found that it she looked majestic against the parting mists. She was certainly a beautiful creature, though nothing like Tamira with her chocolate skin and dazzling eyes. Damn, I was hopelessly in love and there was nothing I could do to avoid the effects of its aftermath.

As I slowly came back to reality, accompanied with thoughts of Tamira and my sweet Essetia, I was lucky enough to catch the quiet words of a dumbfounded Mikali. I felt like quite the fool since I’d arrogantly forgotten to tell her a bit more about how the Edge actually worked. There was so much that she didn’t know and yet was more than likely curious about. I could have kicked myself for neglecting her on such matters- I was King after all. I needed to be more routine about how I introduced recruits… However, I couldn’t recall Mirage being anything other than obliging so perhaps it would be wise to adopt some of her tactics. It would certainly help me in the long run I would assume. “Sulwyn is one of the Edge’s Wraiths, or perhaps you could call her a spy. She’s more apt to perform sneak missions while Warriors tend to handle the more physical side of battle. However, there are many ranks in which you can learn. I was a Nurse once before becoming WeyrLeader. Or perhaps you’d be interested in becoming a Philosopher? You are not limited to any one thing though because there is always room for advancement and change. I guess my question to you earlier would be vital in helping you decide where you belong because I am quite firm in my belief that there is something for everyone here.

I turned my face against the breeze of the waters beyond the cliff and smiled. “So Mikali, what is it that you think you can offer the Edge? Or do you believe that you still need more time?

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

OOC| Yuck to this piece of crap. I'm sorry..

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 03-26-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 03-30-2013, 03:41 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 04-07-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Sulwyn - 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Mikali - 04-24-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: LIGHT UP; [xanthos, mirage, open] - by Thor - 04-30-2013, 10:07 PM