the Rift

[OPEN] In the dark a lady awaits day

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: afri_zps12e4f1bf.png]

The soft light that was, dimmed suddenly as a shadow rushed over the two mares. Africa looked up quickly, her searching eyes finding the broad blackened wingspan of one of their kin; a solider patrolling perhaps, sailing far overhead. A comforted shudder swelled through her body, and she shrugged as warmth embraced her. Since the threat of the Basin had been formally announced, the Throat’s defences had been doubled and the army stirred to life with the grand challenge of tournaments and mock tests, to better skill should war befall the humble heartland. Peace, no matter how fragile, still occupied the population- the family.

Dropping her gaze, the young grey studied Sinuhe thoughtfully, filling the moments between their exchange patiently in waiting. “Thank you Africa. I am glad I came here," The pallid mare replied; her graceful civility plainly obvious and met with a pleasantly casual nod. Africa rested her formality when in the company of her brethren; there was comfortable understanding shared by all- although, she keenly remembered that she must exercise caution when in the presence of Kri (she valued her face, and the idea of having it chewed right off made her squirm uncomfortably). Sinuhe tossed her head, and added with conviction- "And not go back to the Basin. To be perfectly honest, they disgust me and I have only been here a week or so.”

Africa held her breath. The stallion she recalled had not even revealed his name, let alone in place of residence. He had been frighteningly racist though, threatening her life all for the sake of thieving a mouthful of her beloved feathers. A nervously uneasy smile betrayed her thoughts as her herd-sister continued, curiously... “I wonder what it would be like to live there..." She exhaled, a long pensive sigh and closed her eyes to rid her mind of the refreshed trauma which had struck her barely days after her own arrival in the Throat; in Helovia.

I don’t like to judge- try to keep a non-biased, clear head... You know.” Africa breathed then, opening her eyes disappointedly, “But the folk of the distant north are nothing but unbridled trouble.” Her voice was filled with discontent and he danced lustfully, pursuing her in illusion before the glaze of her struggling eyes. She had been born and raised to believe that the Pegasus race was the unrivalled, prime civilisation- horned horses and those who were primitive and entirely unadorned were only a fable before her transgression upon Helovian shores. That stallion had left a sour impression, but her trusting, forgiving heart held no grudge against his kind- Sinuhe’s kind. “We have been warned to travel in numbers.” She concluded simply, with a low voice and a tenderly concerned shake of her head.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Art by Nevada
Table by Ghost

Messages In This Thread
In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: In the dark a lady awaits day - by Africa - 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM