the Rift

[OPEN] An Old Relic [brothers/join request]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
I have not had a night terror in forever.

So when I awake damp and shaking I am surprised, the terrible images still flashing before golden eyes. As I look at the glittering pool, it calms me. I focus on my reflection; I focus on what's real. There is no light coming from the end of the tunnel, so it must be just before dawn. I pull my wings in tight to my sides, and to distract myself I form three small hummingbirds that flit around in a shifting palette of colors. As a rock dislodges from the side of the cave, I jump and the three birds disappear in a poof of stardust. I sigh, shaking off the scared demeanor that had taken over me.

As light starts to filter in, I push myself up and stretch my limbs. I must have been tense, because my body aches slightly. The sound of my hooves hitting the stone rings throughout the cave and I quicken my pace, my body relaxing once I inhale fresh air, filling my lungs. I stand at the entrance of the cave for a few minutes before I work my way down the hill and to the crystal clear stream that runs below. I don't hesitate as I slip into the water, grooming myself and straightening the feathers on my wings. I douse myself completely and when I pull myself out, my hair is dripping down my neck and my tail drags on the ground. I flick my forelock out of my eyes- usually bright are now a big unfocused and clouded. I force the images out of my head again as I push my wings out, they catch in the air and lift me up on thermals. I dry as I soar, taking my sweet time to just observe. I stop to graze once, snatching up mouthfuls of luscious grass that plumes underneath dusted gold daggers.

I set off on hoof now, my wings draping my sides. It is not long before I realize I am nearing the boarder of the Foothills. A unfamiliar scent catches my nose but I double take. It takes a while before I place it. I can't draw the name from the depths of my mind, but I know this scent. From a long time ago. I instantly turn without a falter in my step, and I force myself to stay within a trot. Who will this be? An old friend? None from my old homeland, I had no friends there. But it must be from my time here early in Helovia. Then I see it, that blue pelt. A grin spreads across my face. I flick my damp tail, the sun's rays stretching on my back- not as hot as Tallsun. When I near, I nicker and I find myself in a canter. I slide to a stop, bright eyes sparkling with excitement. "Evers." I say.. will he remember me? I was just another same old horse he met in the threshold when he was recruiting. Which reminds me. He used to be Chief. But Ophelia and Ktulu had defeated a different stallion. "It's been awhile." I say, and I don't know what I'm saying, or why I am so elated at his presence. I must have a fond spot for this stallion, one I could actually call a friend. Well, could I? I only talked to him but once, and I feel as if I have known the unicorn as a friend, that we were friends at one point.

But no, I doubt he remembers me.

[ ooc ; oh wow. i don't know where that came from, it just kept coming. i love her so much q u q ]

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
An Old Relic [brothers/join request] - by Evers - 05-03-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: An Old Relic [brothers/join request] - by Irrydae - 05-03-2013, 11:34 PM