the Rift

[OPEN] flight

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

He noticed her ears swing back on her skull in what could be perceived as an act of annoyance, but it did little to change his heart or his manners. He didn't care if he was irritating her; the whole world was an irritation for him and just for once he figured someone else could put up with his presence for a few moments. The crooked, hesitant smile that had formed upon his lips after some reluctance soon disappeared, replaced by a petulant frown that seemed to suit his dark face. He swished his curled, knotted tail against his hocks, pulling his pale wings tighter against his sides to shelter his body from the harsh wind.

The real Murdock would have been heartbroken to see his 'evil twin' creating such a poor representation of his race to this mare, but alas he was not present to do anything about the situation. He would have joined this dark stranger for a run or a frolic without a moment's hesitation, as were his childish ways. However, this cracked and twisted 'mirror' that had arisen from the time-rift was vastly different and quite the opposite, and the last thing he wanted to do was enjoy himself.

"I don't care where I am, sweet heart," he replied with a bitter tone as he fixed his gaze on her once more. "I want to be away from this snowy wasteland just as much as you want me to, but I'm going to need a little help getting going in the right direction." Ever since he had arrived here, he had simply wandered in whatever direction struck his fancy. Snow and ice weren't exactly things he was fond of, but nonetheless the north had seemed intriguing at first. He was ever so wrong.

He blinked against the growing light of the sun as it washed over the grey snow, reflecting off his pale feathers as dawn gradually fell upon the Steppe. A wry smile slowly worked its way onto his lips as she spoke, a dry laugh rolling off his tongue. "Fly? Why the hell would I want to do that?" His expression had returned to one of seriousness, though it hid his true emotions. Honestly, this Murdock had never flown before. He had never wanted to, and so had never learned. He had walked all over this planet, not once desiring to lift off into the cool air and see the world from above. Perhaps he was mildly embarrassed by the fact, but he would never admit it, especially not to her.

"Look, if you're so desperate to get me out of your sight, why don't you just help set me off in the right direction, hmm?" He inclined his head slightly, green eyes regarding her hopefully but still with the same dull interest that was at home within them. He really didn't have any point to his wandering and investigating, but it kept him entertained and distanced from the monotonous company of others. He wanted nothing more to lie down and sleep at the moment, but there was no way he was doing so in the middle of a snow covered wasteland. "I'd just like to go somewhere warmer. Maybe somewhere with trees or grass...You could walk with me and tell me about yourself and this 'place' you call home. Doesn't that sound like fun?" Not that he knew anything about fun.

"talk talk talk"

Lift my spirit, take me higher, make me fly,
Touch the moon up in the sky

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
flight - by Valka - 04-07-2013, 01:22 AM
RE: flight - by Murdock - 04-22-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: flight - by Valka - 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: flight - by Murdock - 04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: flight - by Valka - 05-03-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: flight - by Murdock - 05-04-2013, 11:24 PM