the Rift

[JUDGED] Nothing to Lose. A Point to Prove. [Kri]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
Kri the Resolute

Thud. I smile as he moves away from my hooves which dance upon a broad shoulder instead of his skull. Movements quick, my pace racing, gliding over his back and front hooves planting once more on his haunch. I feel my back hooves push against nothing but air, again sparing his head a crack. His body shoves forward, and in that instant I throw out my wings to catch myself in the air, gliding above the waters. Recklessly, I toss my head back with a hefty grin pulled taut against my brusque features. The smile is met with the desperate curve of Hector in my direction, his body twirling with impressive speed for his bulk.

My smile turns into a look of pride. My soldiers are the best in Helovia, and there is nothing you can tell me that will change my mind.

Fast thoughts have to match fast actions, though, and I do not want to get tangled up with a massive stallion in the sky. I have little hope of escaping him in these tight quarters with my spent speed, and he will likely attack with brute force I cannot match. Instead of trying to evade his crash, I do not speed up, moving my wings clear of his aim, allowing for the massive chest to barrel into my left side. Without resistance in the air or from my own will, I try to minimize his attack by allowing my much small body to be shoved right with a shocking jolt, and I clap my wings down at the same time to speed my travel away from him. A grunt peels from my lips, but no significant damage is to be noted, not even pain worth mentioning. The bite catches on my fleeting barrel, leaving a long streak of spit and unmentionables from him teeth, but little more than a dull ache in its place. With distance between us, I curve back toward the left where I assumed Hector to be after his momentum was spent upon knocking me off course, calling upon my old friend, the wind, to fall in behind me.

With a strong tail wind and joyous smile, I unfurl my front legs as I attempt an aim at Hector's right shoulder, mouth opening from a grin of joy to one of more violent intent as I bite at the right side of his face. I think that, once again, I am glad to be flying. Were we on the ground his shoulder, much less his face, would be an unlikely target. Here, in the kingdom of the sky, height is of little consequence. Perhaps that is why I like being in the air so much. Up here in the clouds, I am a giant, for the sky does not judge you by the size of your body but by the power of your will.

As we all know, I am resolute; my will conquers all.

[ WC: 491; 3/3; 0/2.
No problem! :D ]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing to Lose. A Point to Prove. [Kri] - by Kri - 05-05-2013, 10:43 PM