the Rift

[PRIVATE] never let me go

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

For a while, Huyana watched raindrops dance upon the surface of the lake, interrupting its calm surface in ripples and rivets, diffusing the night sky into a scene that seemed to dance. Joyful was the reunion of lake and rain; beautiful was their quiet song, the feel of cool water on your skin. This is home, she thought, shutting her eyes in bliss, this is right. For the first time in a long while she felt at ease, among these raindrops. Helovia was never a place she thought as home; not in the way Isilme was, with all its flaws and demons. Helovia was a place of strangers and violence, a place (in all her wisdom and knowledge), the rainchild could never understand, but the rain and the stars give her sanctum - at least for a night.

Something stirred in the darkness beyond her eyes; dark and grim, like death come to life. Blue eyes - a wasteland, but deeper than any abyss she ever saw. An ear tweaked backward, listening to his slow breath, intent on the creak of his bones. Huyana, he said, his voice so like to the darkness which surrounded all. She stood quietly for a moment, letting the rain fill the silence between them. Her gaze lingered on the lake, studying the utter blackness of it.

"Deimos," she ventured suddenly, finally twisting her face to find him in the night. Stars and rain sparkled in his eyes, and a brief smile played on her velvet lips. Her tail gave a thoughtful twitch at the tip - pensive, musing. He was familiar in a way she could not quite understand, like hearing the ocean for the first time. Huyana studied him for a moment, absorbing his dim figure. Her own hide glistened like satin beneath the faint light, although her winter fur was quickly growing in. The rain relented, and she still watched him from beneath a dripping forelock.

"It's been too long," her words were gentle, quiet, like the first spring showers after a hard winter, washing away all the snow.

--

Messages In This Thread
never let me go - by Huyana - 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-25-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-25-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-26-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-26-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-27-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM