the Rift

I'm ready for Anything

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie
Huyana slid between the trees like a phantom, her darkened winter rind melding into shadow; she was a study in fluidity, silent and graceful, moving through the dappled forest like the most steadfast of rivers. Purpose led her cloven hooves onward, stepping through dapples of murk and light, occasionally halting to admire some woodland flower or another. Winter was nigh on the horizon, shadowing the last vestiges of summer's bliss like some ominous cloud. Vagabonds would need a place to roost - the young and the feeble were, as well as the able-bodied. Being alone in the winter was a terrible thing; it could suck dry all traces of happiness in your heart, leaving you a cold and weary shell until spring's thaw.

The sun hung above the forest in a cloudless sky today, filtering through the dying leaves and evergreen needles, pooling on the forest floor in bright puddles. She loved the smell of autumn, brisk and crisp, aromatic and musky.

A call echoed through the trees, causing the rainchild to halt with alarm, her ears flicking to and fro as she tried to find its source. The forest soon fell into silence after the last memories of the sound died away, but Huyana hurried forward toward the call, slender dark legs barely grazing the ground. Before long, a girl came into view, a spidery light bay with eyes like pieces of jet. Without hesitation she came closer to the child, her blue gaze tracing the curve of the stranger's horn before settling comfortably on the bay's beryl eyes. "Good morning," Huyana said, her soft voice ringing out like the quiet babbling of a brook. A warm smile played across her lips, like the promise of summer days and rain.

Messages In This Thread
I'm ready for Anything - by Zima - 05-25-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: I'm ready for Anything - by Huyana - 05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
RE: I'm ready for Anything - by Zima - 05-25-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: I'm ready for Anything - by Huyana - 05-26-2013, 08:24 AM
RE: I'm ready for Anything - by Zima - 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM