the Rift

[PRIVATE] never let me go

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

The nymph elicits the reaction she has been grasping for: his eyes narrow until they are but breaches in his marble-cast face, cracks where the wicked shine of sapphire blue peek. Hooves shuffle backward, avoiding any more water. He glares, like the effigy of some demon-king, trapped in a body made of rock - expertly sculpted, with jewel-bright eyes set in an expression of cool wrath. He is so serious, like any machine of war is apt to be, designed by cruel hands and prodded into ire. If she is rain, he is shadow, and if she laughs, he scowls, a prince of tyranny and bedlam. But stars still shone in the curves of his eyes.

They shone even in the deepest, darkest of places.

Why do you mock me? he asks, so sharply, caustic and sharp. She can feel the ruinous vibration from his words even under the cool panel of water. "I do not mock you," she retorts, and it seems as if the water itself speaks, the voice ushered from its frigid depths; she is the lady of a thousand lakes, the rain's child, daughter of the sea. All is still after the treble of her words subside into silence, but suddenly there is movement; water begins to churn softly at first, throwing gentle ripples to the shore. A horn, onyx-black and shiny with water, pierces the surface, followed by a dark face with eyes picked out in seaglass. She snorts, a spray of water exiting her lungs. For a quiet moment, Huyana watches the baneful general, dark mane floating languidly on the lake's surface.

The roan girl stifles a shiver, a benign grin playing on her mouth. "So much seriousness does not suit you, General," she says with all the bravado she can muster with blue lips. Huyana tilts her head, looking very much like a very wet dog, water dripping from her throat and the underside of her belly, trickling from her mane. I cannot drown.

--

Messages In This Thread
never let me go - by Huyana - 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-25-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-25-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-26-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-26-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: never let me go - by Huyana - 05-27-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: never let me go - by Deimos - 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM