the Rift

[OPEN] meet me in the... mud [irrydae]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
It is unrelentless. The rain does not lessen. It seems to only get worse, determined to drown me on land. It probably will. Every drop cuts my skin and stings, gravity pulling the heavy molecules towards me, towards the other, towards the ground. It was dampening my soul, my will to live. I was so cold. I had stopped shivering I was so cold. That was not a good sign and I knew it.

Does the other one feel this way? I reach my maw to touch the neck of other, soaked skin on soaked skin. You could probably wring both of them out. Golden eyes are squinted, rain flooding into them and causing terrible pain, but they are open long enough to see the bright flash that strikes the tree and causes her hair to stand on in. The whites of my eyes flash as I rise up on her hind legs, fear and adrenaline running thick through my veins before I am planted on the ground again, scuttling away to the tree that has someone caught on fire in this downpour. How was this natural?

The other moves, and I reach out, scrambling for my pelt to touch it's again. So the other had heard me? I squint my golden eyes as I try to keep sight of the other, just barely able to see it's tail. My muzzle reaches out to touch it, but it is no longer there. I don't know how I hear it, but I do. While it would have been loud normally, it was barely audible in the storm. But I still heard it. The splash. Without thinking, a scream tears from my vocals, sheer panic as I stop dead, right before the lip of gushing river. I have lost the other.

I should turn back now. There is nothing I can plausibly do. The other is doomed for death. That's what mother would have done, would have wanted me to do. It wasn't worth it. Not in this storm. There was nothing I could do. Or was there? I don't even think when I find myself launching into my death, too.

I have had a good life, no?

"talk talk."

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Andromeda - 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Irrydae - 05-18-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Irrydae - 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Irrydae - 05-30-2013, 08:13 PM