the Rift

[OPEN] Daughter of snow (Fal, Maumau, Open)

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

It is insanely frustrating. I don’t notice that my magic made him uncomfortable, I’m too busy trying to figure out why ‘it’ isn’t working. Trying to do something that normal people found easy, why couldn’t it be easy? Was there something wrong with this gift? My wondering creates a strange twisting sensation along each heartstring, this new sensation was even worst then the previous embarrassment of not being able to communicate. Would I fail to talk at all? Terrible wretched fear entered my soul, fear that crawled its first paths; sticky and poisonous.

Suddenly I felt her, my one true blanket of safety; my net of protection. She came closer, rubbing her muzzle along my strained features. I turned to her instantly out of distress, pressing into the side of her cheek that was closest to me as if she was my only form of strength and safety. Little limbs twist to take a step toward her warm shoulders in an attempt to be comforted. Momma had verified that that this man was…my…father? The mated half of my Mother? Had they made me as the eagle made chicks? Somehow I couldn’t think to ask this questions right now, and didn’t, though it would surely come up again later. I could ask and ask and ask, a gazillion questions could/would blaze through the tangle web that was a woman’s mind; even more tangled since I currently wasn’t a women, but a wide eyed toddler.

My eyes slide close as a way to somehow block out the words that screamed for release, that is when I hear her soft voice slip across my ears beckoning me to open up again, “I think he has a shield over his mind.” Shield. That was a new word to add ontop of a growing collection, feeling slightly more curious by this new word I dry mouth it as she had said it and turn my eyes upward to hear the rest of an expected explanation, “Remember how I have one for my body?” Oh. My lips curve into a perfect O, and I simply stare at her for a moment before turning back to this stranger that would be my Sire. Momma could apply a barrier around her physical body, protecting it from danger. I had seen her practice on occasion.

“She wants to talk to you, but she can’t. Her voice is not heard by ears.”

I stare at him, and wait. Not sure if I should try again, to afraid that I might fail even if the attempt is dared. “I’m sorry.” My father finally says after a long pause. I blink and keep silent (which was all that could be done.) “I didn’t know…I…don’t even know how to stop.” He seems frustrated as well, I can hear the hints of it in his voice; see the icy pools grow more focused. My own tight ball melts away and my feet take a timid step forward, head inclined toward him—this was something we would have to learn…together. “Would you mind helping me out? Just keep trying until I manage to let you in…”

Slowly I spare a glance at Momma to find reassurance, and turn back. With a deep breath, we begin again. Just as gently as before I stretch out, the invisible threads of silver light find his mind and I move to create a link.

Another wall stops me; this time my talent presses on, searching every inch for quarter. After a moment, nothing. Without my realizing it dual lids slither close and the strength of the light increases until he is the only thing I can feel. Worldly sounds fade out into a soft hum, they seem muted almost; even the presence of my Momma, though I can feel her all along—is dimmed.
Every ounce of willpower goes into finding a crack, a space. Finally a thinner spot is revealed, or so it seemed--I linger there, “Daddy….?” I test timidly, in voice that would mimic the flowing of a breeze.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Daughter of snow (Fal, Maumau, Open) - by Sielu - 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Daughter of snow (Fal, Maumau, Open) - by Sielu - 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM