the Rift

[OPEN] They are all monsters.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

I had run. Bear was forgotten behind in the Foothills in all of my haste, and the warnings of mother - I mean, the Constrictor, were also forgotten at the sound of the words being purred in the herd meeting. What kind of a world had my mother raised me in?

War, fighting, soldiers, a body being dragged in hardly conscious. My bicolored eyes had widened in shock, my gentle heart in my chest thudding like the sound of the earth in my chest. Horrified, I was absolutely horrified. How many of the faces which had greeted me so kindly held sport in the pain of others? I begin to recall a foggy and tattered memory from my childhood. The dark stallion, my mother... she was, choking him? Was she not? I had thought he was attacking her, yet perhaps the opposite was true. How else would my mother have earned her title? My life began to expand and burst around the seams. All I could do was flee.

As the words began to sink into my mind, I realized something about the ones I called my family, the Grey. They are not the innocent and do-good clan I had once believed. Even the face of my beloved mother, my beloved aunt, and maybe in the future my Nuna would become violent creatures working for payment. Mercenaries. What kind of soul do you hold in your chest while being a mercenary? What is the price of a life? How much did they charge to take up arms? Would that ever be worth it?

I am growing up, and I would no longer be a clueless child. No, I am far from a child now.

My bronze hooves carve into the ground below, tearing away from the land I had called home and blindly rushing forward. That was when I remembered my mother. She is leaner, faster, and having taken off directly from her side, she would soon be after me. Ah, but that is why I have wings, is it not? I unfurl them, the nearly full grown, feathered appendages, and take off into the sky. Up and up I rise, until I can easily reach the clouds, and soar faster than even mother can run. She could send Midas after me, but it would take time.

I needed time. I needed to think about life in this new lense, tainted with the color of strangers' blood. I needed a break. That is why I returned the the Fields, where I had met him. The large bay who was much like me in appearance. He had promised we could be friends. It was only after that promise I found out he was the Lord of the Earth. I did not know now, for I was still ignoring my mother's proclamation that he was my sire, that we were closer than friends but relatives. If I could find him, maybe he would be able to explain the world to me. Maybe he would tell me what I should do. Surely, if anyone would know, it would be my friend.

My hooves touch down on dead flowers, silenced by the chill of Frostfall.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
They are all monsters. - by Hototo - 06-20-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: They are all monsters. - by Yseulte - 06-21-2013, 04:29 AM
RE: They are all monsters. - by Hototo - 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: They are all monsters. - by Yseulte - 06-21-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: They are all monsters. - by Hototo - 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: They are all monsters. - by Yseulte - 06-27-2013, 04:01 AM
RE: They are all monsters. - by Hototo - 07-06-2013, 07:53 PM