the Rift

[OPEN] The start of the trek.

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
   I started ever so slightly at her rich laugh, wondering why in the world she would giggle so- what was funny about this? She must have a strange sense of humor; yet nevertheless, she was an interesting change from the polite horses I met frequently in the Throat. Perhaps it was good for me meeting others, instead of being wrapped up in my little bubble, floating in the ethereal skies far away from civilization. So I try not to frown in confusion, brow wrinkling; instead I chuckle with her, soft and quietly, a little bit shyly like a filly who does not know why her parents laugh at her frolicking in the grass."Well, I suppose you are right, although I've never met anyone with that approach before."

I shift my weight, hooves clacking unpleasantly on the old rock. Imagine, the gods had stood on this very ground! Speaking to young mortals like myself... how long had it taken for them to decide to leave us? Did they care? Did they miss our pathetic whims and sad-eyed woes?

Nothing I ever do is a good idea, she says, and I think quietly to myself we must be polar opposites then. I am cautious and logical and mild, even-tempered and think before I speak. She is everything I am not, it looks like; she does not care, she plunges into the fray, tears her teeth into the heart of the matter and does not blink. In a way, I admire the way she is unafraid. How wicked and brave this Scarter is, with the demonic sparkle in her eyes. I like her, immediately, and the smile widens on my face- I'm almost ditzy around her, nearly delirious, her carefree mood infectious to me dry and logical approach. "Why, I'm you're opposite it seems- I would never dream of approaching something or doing something without thinking it through. I suppose my job calls for a good thinking noggin, though. I can't risk the safety of my herd through a reckless action." It's true, of course. I couldn't place myself above my herd- to do so would be more than unfair. Unlike Aryel and Levi... I scowl ever so slightly. Both of them have abandoned me to my duties. Surely Kri would soon demote them- or cast them from the herd altogether. It was unbecoming to leave one alone, struggling to help form the herd into something cohesive alongside Kri and Sumati and the other importants.

She says something else, snapping me back to rigid attention. I offer her a slightly meek smile, feeling rather poorly for ignoring her, and hastily agree, while I'm not entirely certain what I'm agreeing with. "Oh, yes, of course."

Then Scarter ventures on to speak about how the gods were boring- as if! They were gods!- and how she thought they agreed they were boring, where I agreed about nothing of the sort (the nerve!). I shift my weight, rustling my wings, annoyance biting at me and her presumptuous nature. It does seem she does everything without bothering to use her intellectual insight. I wonder if it's worth fighting with her- but in any case, she's chattering on again. "Really? I didn't think they gave out quests anymore... maybe one day I'll find them."

I fall quiet, thinking silently.

"What is your quest? Perhaps I could help you?"

AndromedA
I will fly among the stars for eternity
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
image credits

OOC: Shitty reply. Sorry >.<
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
The start of the trek. - by Scarter - 05-26-2013, 07:55 AM
RE: The start of the trek. - by Andromeda - 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: The start of the trek. - by Scarter - 06-02-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: The start of the trek. - by Scarter - 06-13-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: The start of the trek. - by Scarter - 07-12-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: The start of the trek. - by Andromeda - 06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: The start of the trek. - by Andromeda - 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM