the Rift

[PRIVATE] You won't find faith or hope down a telescope [Irrydae]

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
"I don't blame you for not coming with me, I wasn't really convincing that day. Newly appointed lead, I didn't even know where my head was." He laughed at the memory. Never in his wildest imaginings did he believe that he would become a Chief of a herd?! Yet, in retrospective, Evers was glad of his time spent looking after a whole land that depended on him. It had installed more confidence in himself and he felt much the wiser now. However, in situations like the one he was in now, he felt hot and nervous. This was what Irrydae did to him and still his mind could not grasp why, his heart was much better at understanding these feelings. Emotion truly was high in the air and he struggled to keep himself standing still, to not shuffle about of even start eating with the urge to be doing something. He managed to remain still and listened to Irrydae's story intently. Interested to know more about her past and why it upset her so. She seemed to prepare herself before speaking and the blue smiled in encouragement, patiently waiting for her to begin with Rita by his side.

The more she spoke the more his gaze softened in sympathy, he knew what it was like to have a controlling mother, though Mandrake was something entirely different from Irrydae's abusing parent. He remained quiet throughout the whole of her story, patient when she took her time and understanding when her words left her velvet maw until finally it seemed she came to the end of her tragic past. Slowly, considering his words first, a small encouraging smile appeared on his lips and he took a tentative step towards her once again. "I am sorry Irrydae, I too would be troubled if I had such a past behind me. Though you must not despair, we cannot predict the future, but we can choose our paths. Look at you now! You are an important member of the Windtossed Foothills, you have a herd that looks up to you and depends on you. You have their love and admiration. We all must go through dark times, but you must also see the light that's all around us." He wondered if his words would help, maybe he really should let her be and leave her to deal with it privately. Yet, he had to try and cheer her up, it tore his heart to pieces seeing her so sad.

She spoke quietly again and Evers struggled to hear her words, his heart jumping to what he thought he heard, unsure as to whether he heard her wrong. He waited a few seconds, contemplating what to say when she spoke for the last time and he looked down to his hooves trying to contemplate her loss. Evers could not remember his mother, he couldn't remember his youthful days because of Mandrake. She had been his everything, his past and his future. Her voice was command and he had killed for her. In a way, he and Irrydae were not so different. Maybe their shared adversity would bring them closer. Or maybe he was just being an optimistic fool.

"I do not remember my parents, not their voices or their faces. I do not know where I am from or why I am here. My mother was a mare who nobody could control, I was not related to her by blood, but I did everything she told me to do. If she said walk off a cliff, I'd of walked off a cliff. She died too, my brothers killed her whilst I took our youngest away from the bloodbath that was surely about to ensue. I will not tell you more, my past is not one to be told aloud and should die with me. We both seem to be creatures of an abusive history Irrydae, but if anything it has taught me to treasure those I consider close to me. It makes me happy to know you feel you can confide in me ... You are also one I have come to treasure." His last words jumped out before he could stop them, happy that his face was still looking at the ground when he said it, his eyes were wide in shock at himself.

Rita was flicking her head back and forth between the two, her young mind not quite grasping the emotions that had erupted in the air. Her mind still on the magical butterflies that Irry had conjured.
image by roni

Messages In This Thread
RE: You won't find faith or hope down a telescope [Irrydae] - by Evers - 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM