the Rift

Dragon's Breath

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
It was clear to see, the wave of shock that ran through the stallion at her words, the blasphemy he felt she had committed, the sheer disbelief - or rather, the challenge of his own beliefs. Was it fair, to throw all of this information at a steed who had been raised a certain way for all his life, who had travelled away to find a purpose for himself based on predetermined values, who was still so young and perhaps unable to handle the change of regime this land would force upon him? Probably not, but such was the way of things. Mirage could no more take back her words just as he could not take back the surprise he displayed when first hearing them. At least she knew where she stood with him - at least he was honest with her, though she was unsure as to just how honest he would be capable of being to loved ones who did not necessarily hold the same genetic makeup as she. She wondered at what he would make of hybrids, not just one's like her beloved Aylin, but even like her daughters, and her mate - she could not risk their safety. She saw potential within him, but did she see an ability to adapt, to change, to grow and learn and accept? The DragonHeart could not be sure, and she was not willing to risk the lives of her beloved kin on the ambition of one supremacist equine.

That wasn't to say she wouldn't try, of course.

"We want the same things." The voice that replied was slightly warmer, almost laced with amusement, though not mockingly so. "We long to bring honour to our families. To protect them, to provide for them." Previously she had been looking ahead as she spoke, but now she cast a gentle, good-natured glance upon his own gaze. "When you cross paths with the gods here, for I am certain you will, in some way, should you choose to stay here, you will not doubt the third of equine that each portrays." She spoke with a quiet certainty, an assurance that was given with past experience with most of the Gods of the land first hand. "I see plenty of differences." Once again, the hint of amusement entered her tones s she addressed the accusation he had made of her. "But I choose to see and feel with my soul, not my eyes. Perhaps, one day, you will learn to do the same." Here, the mare moved slightly, stepping forth and turning so that her bodice arced before him. This brought Akaith to the level of his eyes, and the little dragon was eager to lean over her bonded's shoulder and aim a gentle but firm caress of her scaly maw against his brow.

The child named for dragons may have felt a touch from her motion, but the little golden dragon offered much more than that. With her physical touch, she attempted to extend a version of the bond shared between herself and her bondmate to the youthful steed, to see just how sensitive he was to a dragon's true caress - a gentle embracing stroke of the fibres of one's very soul. It had been successful only a handful of times - with Torasin, and Vikram, and those times had been dire and pressing, requiring immediate effort where the little dragon barely thought about what she did before embracing their minds with her own. Here, she was purposefully guarded - and burdened down by the sheer lack of magic that was upon the lands. But still, she made an effort, and without knowing whether it was successful - or even if it was successful and the stallion simply did not recognise what had just occurred - the DragonHeart continued to speak. "I should like to offer you the chance to see if you continue to feel the way you do after spending a season or two in my company." It was an offer she did not make lightly - the mare truly did want him to say yes, she wanted this venture to be successful, she genuinely wanted to help him, to let him grow and reach his potential - but she was wary that in reaching his potential, she might just be allowing him to eradicate those she held dear to her.

[ ooc :: So sorry for the wait <3

Up to you if you want to have him 'feel' Akaith or not. Others in the past have simply described it as 'a foreign sensation upon one's very soul'.. Or the likes C: ]
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Dragon's Breath - by Dragomir - 06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Mirage - 06-26-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Dragomir - 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Mirage - 06-29-2013, 05:44 AM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Dragomir - 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Mirage - 07-05-2013, 07:39 AM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Dragomir - 07-05-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Mirage - 07-11-2013, 04:09 AM
RE: Dragon's Breath - by Dragomir - 07-15-2013, 06:28 AM