the Rift

[OPEN] Reborn

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Following mother was certainly a highlight of my day. I had not stirred when she left in the early hours of morning, sleep having finally taken me deeply and soundly after spending much of the night chasing Daryth about. He was particularly difficult to see at night, his strange dark light illuminating him against the darkest shadows and the fires of the camps alike. So often did I lose him, that it would take him bursting forth a lick of flame to catch my eye once more before I located him again. Of course, he was never truly lost - if I paid enough attention to the magic that allowed our strange spirit-bond, I would be able to find him even with my eyes closed.

However, I digress.

When I awoke to find mother had left us, I was not terribly surprised. It was not unusual for her leave before the sun rose, to begin the day's tasks that she bore with such effortless expertise . I followed her often enough to know that they did wear down upon her, though not all were as observant as me, my sister, and my father. We did have Akaith to give us hints too, after all. With a happy hum beginning in my throat, I nudged at my silver sister gently, before dropping my maw to the loam, summoning Daryth to my side, and following the very subtle trail our mother had left in her wake. I tried to move with similar stealth as she, but it was little use - my legs still did not always agree with the direction I asked them to go in.

As the brush before me cleared to allow fresh salty air to wash over me, I was greeted quite loudly by my mother's beloved bonded, Akaith. Daryth flew to her, his small, dark smudge taking up the space of perhaps one of her wings - similar to the white that flew about too. I smiled at them, unfolding my wings and letting loose a delighted, musical song, that wasn't quite entirely equine nor draconic in nature. Feeling the elation in Daryth's soul at meeting the white Fajira, I eventually peeled my attention away from the cavorting dragons, to view my mother standing in an easy embrace with a strange, golden-silver-black stallion.

I was not sure what to make of the scene.

Mother only reserved her affections, at least, the ones she expressed openly to others, to those who were very deserving of it. As I approached them, tucking my wings down by my side, lowering my tail from its previous enthusiastic stance curled upwards, I pondered just who could have earned such genuine love from the one that had birthed me. The expression upon my façade was guarded, if anything, it was serious, as I regarded this stallion with the open intensity of my gaze. I was standing slightly to my mother's side of him, and so he was obscured by the very dark rump of my mother, but still I was able to guess at his identity from tales mother had told us when we were even smaller than we currently are.

"Do you love my mother?" It was a pointed question, and I meant it in such a way that implied he loved her much like my brothers loved her, much like I loved Torasin or Semira, or Madyrn, or Tandavi. Familial love was all I knew, and I had to know if this steed was worthy of it too.

[ ooc :; I believe Kachie intends on posting Semira shortly C: ]
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Reborn - by Lace - 06-04-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Reborn - by Mirage - 06-05-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: Reborn - by Lace - 06-05-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Reborn - by Mirage - 06-06-2013, 05:32 AM
RE: Reborn - by Lace - 06-06-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: Reborn - by Mirage - 06-13-2013, 08:10 AM
RE: Reborn - by Lace - 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Reborn - by Mirage - 06-14-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Reborn - by Lace - 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: Reborn - by Mirage - 06-23-2013, 08:22 AM
RE: Reborn - by Lace - 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM