the Rift

For all is not always fair in both love and war..

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I was traveling back into the threshold once more in hopes of picking up yet another recruit for the ever-growing band of crazy horses that was taking residence in the Spectral Marsh. It seemed as though I was the only one who was caring enough at the moment to actually take the time to attempt to grab them. Really, now? Did I have to be the only one to do such things? We had enough members to have them start to go out and stalk these thresholds as well! I was not the only one really required in recruiting. But, that would be left for a different meeting - a different day. Right now, I was on my own personal mission - to find yet another recruit.

Because there are never enough crazies, are there? came the sarcasm of the bass voice I had connected with Unheil a long time ago. No. There were never enough. And I would continue on until they had all found a home here with us - not only so that they could have a home (since I wasn't all an evil soul) but mainly so that I could have the power of a land to call our own under our feet. That, really, was exactly what my blood-thirsty mind was craving.

You should be doing this out of the kindness of your heart! the annoyed soprano chords fluttered around my cranium as I continued to move on, my eyes having taken in the appearance of the moon between some of the ever looming branches above me. Instantly, I shook off Innerste's comments before standing up a little taller and freezing in place. No. The moon was back. As glad as I was for some light, and this trickling feeling of more souls connecting to my frame than just the four in my head, I was afraid that it meant the sun was going to rise again. With the sun not rising the world was The Asylum's playground. We could create nightmare after nightmare with ease. But, now, if the sun were to rise, we would once again really be limited to the night.

With a sigh upon my lips I shuffled forward again, my entire body swinging gracefully in rhythm as I allowed my crystalline hooves to float across the terrain until I could find someone to study in the deep shadows. For, after all, one must study their prey before they allow their predatory instincts to take over and snatch them up. It seemed, though, as if on cue, I wouldn't have to look very far to find that prey to stalk. For, he must be crazy before I allow him to head toward this group. And, if he is not then I must see some reasoning for them to have the desire to heal those around them.

But, the one which I found seemed to be a recke. His frame rippling with muscle, hooves tracking up as his head was held tightly against his chest. A brisk march was upon his legs, but he seemed to have something itching at his cranium that was not of all which he desired. Something that allowed my frame to continue stalking him. A warrior. We could use more. Those would need to be trained that were too scared to do much else but stand there. They would need to learn to fight come the time of an invasion. We had time, don't get me wrong. But it wasn't much. And all would have to learn well before we actually took the chance to do anything else.

So, with a gentle stride, I allowed my hips to sway and my body to slide deep into the shadows beside him. His frame, stopping once in a clearing to look around and see what it was he believed was following him. A smirk was bestowed upon my maw as I allowed my soprano chords to swirl into the air with sharp turns and dips as consonants created jagged edges from the german heritage. "Nightmares lurk in the night. They do not take much to appear from the shadows like the monsters under your bed. With slimy tendrils they cling to your frame and attempt to take over your mind and rule your actions. Has something of the like snagged onto your precious mind?"

Carefully, I pulled myself from the shadows with a smile upon my face. "It looks as though a nightmare might have started to stick to your brain," I said, the same soprano chords and harsh consonants pulled out from a source now instead of the eery shadows. Stopping but a few feet off from his frame before tilting my head to the side a little bit in a slightly inquisitive manner. He's strong. I'd hope we could pull him in. He'd be a lovely fit... came Schwere's voice and I couldn't help but to let out a tiny laugh. It was not an airy one. It was definitely one that might be considered from a nightmare. Of course I knew he was a strong one. That was why I had spoken up and tried to get him to speak and see if he was of the same tattered mind as those which we had also pulled in with us. I was not dumb - even though Schwere and Unheil preferred to believe that I was so that they could continue to bother me with things I did know.

With a gentle shake of my head I peered up toward the larger stallion, yellow eyes flickering with welcoming and evil at the same time. "I am Seele. Might I inquire what it is a recke as you are doing out here and what it is you are attempting to find here? Perhaps I can offer aid in your mission." I said, a sweetness edging around the forever poisonous tone that flew from my mouth and wrapped around in the air. It was who I was, and who I always would be.

But, perhaps, this endeavor would also provide us with another warrior to aid us on our mission...

1036 words
@[Arlo]
recruiting for The Asylum
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Messages In This Thread
RE: For all is not always fair in both love and war.. - by Seele - 07-20-2013, 03:34 PM