You Make Me Want to Be Brave [OOC Spar - Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

Was this mare seriously standing in awe Rasta's figure? What? Just because a mare had answered her call to learn how to fight did not mean she was about to go easy on the lingering one before her! It seemed to take her a minute to realize that Rasta was actually charging directly at her before her huge frame started to move, rocking back onto her haunches in a pace of uncertainty. She started to move off, but it was clear in the flexing of her muscles that she did not seem to have much of a destination in mind. And then, once the mare realized where it was Rasta was aiming she started to rotate her form to her left. Good, there were some sense in her mind that could work.

Delicately, Rasta twisted her hoof just enough to push her off more to her right, moving the same distance the mare had moved to her left. The blow to her forelock had sent her stumbling a few feet to the side as Rasta took in a huge breath of air, shuffling to the side a little and shaking out her head. The mare was on the ground and then back on her feet in the few instants it took Rasta to completely regain her foot, feeling as the taller mare heaved her way back onto her feet.

If the mare has any logic she will produce a counter-attack while the pain is not at it's worst. And, she did have logic. A smirk crossed Rasta's maw as she started to inch backward, attempting to feel her surroundings and the brush underfoot as she felt the mare begin to raise her hoof. Where was this mare aiming? Shuffling back a few more steps she managed to avoid the hooves contact with her side and chest, but Rasta's hoof did catch against a branch and it almost sent her to the ground.

Within seconds she had recovered her balance and her position in the world and was already spinning on her forehand toward her left. She ignored the ache in her shoulder from the impact earlier, though she could tell that her spin was not as tight as before. Then, once her haunches were lined up with the mare and the trees surrounding them she rocked onto her forehand and sent out a whip-like kick toward the mare's chest, attempting to push her back into the tree and give her a few more scraps and bruises. She needed to learn to attack and get out of this area she seemed to be pinned in.

But, of course, Rasta needed to make sure she could keep her footing while all of her concentration was upon the movement that the mare was sending to her in the vibrations of the land.

469 words
[2/3]
@[Florabella]
Image Credits

attacks
Okay. So. The one thing I noticed was you responded well to my attack in how the horse seemed to move, where she seemed to go, but I think that's because I helped guide you as to what I was aiming for her to do and react like. She could have stepped out of the way at the last minute and actually put Rasta in this trap surrounded by the trees, but instead she took the hit and fell into the area.
And then, when you did your counter attack, you didn't specify which legs were raised up and where they were aiming etc. Fetlocks are on all four legs, so that doesn't narrow it down to front or back, and it says she raised her 'legs' so did she jump in the air? Because I didn't know it was a little hard to respond. I wrote it as if she had kicked out with her front legs, almost as if to chip at her shoulder/side as that's what would have been the closest to the mare at the time with Rasta starting to back up. I did give you a little lead-way, as I had Rasta trip on the branches on the ground and be hindered by her shoulder ramming into the mare. But you are still stuck in a pretty vulnerable position, locked up against a trio of trees that are kinda forming a slightly larger semi-circle.

Make sure when you write out your attacks you give some kind of direction as to what you mare expects to happen from it. Do they want blood to be drawn? Do they want to stun the opponent? Or do they simply want to break some bones and make someone die? Where exactly are they attacking, the left side of the horse or the right side of the horse? Remember that the horse is facing the opposite direction so their left is your right and their right is your left. Where are they moving? How far are they stepping off to the side?

All of these are important parts of the spar in general.

Messages In This Thread
You Make Me Want to Be Brave [OOC Spar - Rasta] - by Florabella - 07-21-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: You Make Me Want to Be Brave [OOC Spar - Rasta] - by Florabella - 07-22-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: You Make Me Want to Be Brave [OOC Spar - Rasta] - by Rasta - 07-29-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: You Make Me Want to Be Brave [OOC Spar - Rasta] - by Florabella - 08-03-2013, 07:39 PM