the Rift

Voyager [O]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Nighttime is becoming less frightening. I can't find any monsters, and when Amara and I go adventuring, there aren't always crazy ghosts to kick the butt of. Mom is off on business, but there's a feeling she's on her way home. Home is a place I don't seem to be at much, so I find myself going out like I am right now. Today, I've gone to a place that can be pretty fun when you look in the right place.
My horn is sort of like a flashlight mounted straight on my forehead. It glows a pretty pale blue that reminds me of Mom's eyes, therefore no matter where I happen to wander off, she's still in my head. My purpose for that glow has actually come very handy when it comes to getting places. When those glowing trees aren't around, my horn is there to give me light, making it where it seems pretty much impossible to ever be afraid of the dark. After some time, I thought of other people without glowing horns like my own, just bumping into things and other people in the dark. The thought at first brought great laughter to me, and at one point I believe I peed myself laughing at the idea of people bumping into trees and a random animal. When I told Mom, she laughed for a bit, I think only out of good nature, before I remembered she had no glowing horn, yet alone no horn.
How was she able to get around in the dark without bumping into things?
Well, that's sort of when I got this brilliant idea that makes my horn pretty hand now. I could make trips into the Threshold, find people who were just coming in, and offer them a home in the Frozen Arch, a spot in the Assassins, and a guide home. Even if they didn't want to go home with me, I'd guide them to a place that they wanted to go just for my good nature. It was fun to make friends, and when my world seems to only be filled with Mom, Daddy, Uncle Tonka, Amara, and Bob (the mouse), new friends aren't too bad.
Tonight, the air was getting warmer (Yay! No more cold air and snow!), and it seemed nice to go for a swim in this lovely creek I found in the Threshold. My trip with Mom when I first came here was alright, except for the guy who was rude. A while back ago, I came here on my own. All I ever got was hurtful comments, and if that happens today, well, sorry, no more Miss Nice Sikeax.
I splashed, the water warm enough to roll and bathe in. The task of taking a bath was neglected before, so it's nice to take one now. My head went under for a second, just to wash my face, and my horn made the glow. I bet I looked like a weird glowing fish.
Downstream, there was the sound of someone getting drink, and I couldn't resist. There is a bit of meanness in me, I guess I got it from Mom, but I kept my horn underwater while my face was held out, and scooted my body down the creekbed. My tummy complained when a rock was poking at it, but I kept going. Before me, was a beautiful Pegasus girl, drinking away. Immediately, I felt like a shark, and hummed a weird tune. Just a tune, but I guess if you were someone weird, you'd know it as the Jaws theme. What is Jaws anyway?
When they raised their head up, it was my chance. My chance for a joke .
"BOO!!!"
I leaped upwards, splashing water all over the place. If I had wings like Amara and this pretty girl, then maybe I could of flew, but nope. Gravity isn't your best friend when you've got a glowing horn.
My process of that amazing leap, I ended landing in mud. Face first. So much for a bath......
Hopefully I didn't splash them with mud, but if I did, I hope they're up for taking a bath with me.

OOC: And today at Spa Helovia, the lovely Sikeax mud bath.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Voyager [O] - by Discordia - 08-07-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Sikeax - 08-07-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Soren - 08-07-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Hana - 08-08-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Midas - 08-08-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Discordia - 08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Sikeax - 08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Discordia - 08-19-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Midas - 08-20-2013, 01:16 PM