the Rift

[OPEN] H-O-M-E
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Patrols went on smoothly, or as smoothly as they might in a world still frozen. The herd had fallen into a sleeve of almost ritualistic behavior. Walk, forage, do daily duties, sleep. Expected patterns seemed to be what was keeping everyone sane—changes were met with distaste and distrust. We were waiting, waiting to die—waiting for our Gods to return. Fina scouted ahead, she had been choosing to fly with me more and more since Cera had entered his adolescent stage. I welcomed the company, because usually it was only the whispering wind to talk with.

I’d recently made it a permit habit to be present along Throats border more often in light of recent events. A typical day would start with me picking an end and meeting Guacho and other militia somewhere in the middle. It was hard to tell how many hours the military flew in a single day—and I pitied the fool who tried to guess. My body was carried until the strained muscles in both wings started to cramp. Today it would seem that before our patrol could end, another straggler would have to be dealt with for crossing our lines. Fina chirped a warning and sent me an image of the beast that my Sergeant had run across. His rich pelt and wings belonged to none other than our missing comrade, Levi.

Angling down I touched earth beside the tall Gaucho and greeted said stallions with a warm but concerned smile, “Welcome, it lifts my spirit to see you.” He was thinner and likely malnourished, “Kri will be pleased to know you have returned home.”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
H-O-M-E - by Levi - 08-07-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: H-O-M-E - by Gaucho - 08-07-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: H-O-M-E - by Midas - 08-07-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: H-O-M-E - by Levi - 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: H-O-M-E - by Gaucho - 08-09-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: H-O-M-E - by Midas - 08-10-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: H-O-M-E - by Levi - 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM