the Rift

Voyager [O]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I realized just how crowded our little spot beside the stream had become as everyone settled. It was understandable that someone might feel a bit overwhelmed, especially when folks were clamoring for fresh meat. In fact, our company was likely just a tad nervous, but she had enough sense to not show it. Such was encouraging, it was always nice to find those who had a good amount of polite raising to shine through the web of even tight situations. I smiled, pleased by the amount of grace and reserve she possessed. Attention was granted to my fellow sister in fight full attention when she announced her title and asked a question. Since my position in this cluster was relatively low (I had been one of the last to arrive), I waited politely for the others to speak first.

Only the filly spoke up, her words coming out as a surprise. “The Assassins?” I thought with a mixture of humor and raunchy distaste. They sent out this tiny foal to do their recruiting? Utterly idiotic. Cera would have gotten an earful had he been out in the woods at her tender age; where was this girls parents? I wondered while trying not to frown so deeply that I ruined the mood. Still my eyes ran down her grimy pelt for any sign of recognition.

It was then that I remember said child was Sikeax—the one who had befriended a mouse. My brows furrowed with concern, what were they teaching the children? Sure, it was true that Ktulu’s herd was a band of mercenaries; but our world wasn’t a free place, everything cost something. Some just preferred to pay for a sword. Finally, everyone fell silent. I spoke up then, glancing at the others before doing so. “Lady Discordia, the honor of our meeting is mine,” forcing out a smile, I added a response to her inquiry, “I can offer the protection of Dragon’s Throat if it please you?”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Voyager [O] - by Discordia - 08-07-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Sikeax - 08-07-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Soren - 08-07-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Hana - 08-08-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Midas - 08-08-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Discordia - 08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Voyager [O] - by Sikeax - 08-13-2013, 11:30 AM