Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

Winning. Hah. That's only because she wanted to keep herself in the air. That was only because she was too afraid of bloodying her pelt. She belonged to the Grey. Instantly Res's muscles tensed. Res was almost near laughter. God. Her mind was broken. Witnessing the death of Rowan had torn her apart into shreds she couldn't even imagine. She was broken and being repaired in ways one wouldn't have imagined before.

It didn't matter. Res's endurance was there. She wasn't weak. She was used to running. She was used to fleeing. She was used to being afraid. It didn't matter that this mare was one of those who had stolen her old home from her. It didn't matter. So, when the branch had made contact with the mare as she grunted. By now, Res had cleared the tears from her eyes. You're weak. You're useless. She had used to be. She wouldn't be anymore. She would learn to be strong. She shifted her weight, and she snagged a rock. She swung her head, eyes glimpsing the oncoming talons just long enough to toss the rock, without paying attention to direction, and to shuffle out of the way, her body lurching forward and to the right, the talons only cutting off a few strands of her tail and leaving them discarded in the mist.

Oh. How she wanted to step on that bird, how she wanted to crush it's skull like she had the wolves who had killed her twins. It was just as badly covered in blood as the wolves, only this time it was metaphorical - not actually drenched in the blood. One would think that the rock missing would have begun to dissuade the mare from continuing to use these branches. But, she didn't care anymore. The mists were covering me well as I got another rock, jumping in the air. But the mare had rose even higher into the air in order to protect herself and the branch missing it's mark. God. Dammit. I'm going to cut you bitch. I really am. Those wings need to learn to stop flapping! That fear of wings, it was starting to become over-ridden when they weren't flapping in her face. In fact, it was beginning to turn into an anger and distaste of them.

And the mare's voice came again, Res instantly using it to lock onto the mare's position and continuing to shroud herself in the mists, moving carefully toward her. The hoofsteps were quite, barely audible as she used her gaited breed to float along the ground. And, when she almost tripped she snagged the branch, noticing it's sharpened edge. It was small, would just barely fit in her mouth - almost like a dagger. She had heard hooves hit the ground with a gentle thud. The winged one was finally earth bound. And, she noticed, that the farther she went the closer to the edge she was getting. But did she care? No. No she didn't care.

This is for you, Rowan. This is for you, Ciro. This is for you, my twins. I will not allow myself to sit idly by and watch as people die around me. So, with majority of the branch in her mouth, hair falling over it and blocking the sight of it protruding from the side of her jowls, she moved forward until she saw the faint outline of wings and the mare's frame. Her head, sticking out from the mists, ears prevalent. Res quietly moved to the side, placing herself so that she as she runs her dagger will be able to touch the flesh and act like a horn. Perhaps I can slice and dice...

Three. Two. One. NOW! She took off, still careful to barely allow her feet to touch the ground. Her golden orbs locked on the mare's chest as the mist started to wrap around Res's path and a bit away from the winged mare. The dagger was aimed for the mare's chest. Full speed. Don't stop. The cliff only ended on her left - she could go forward for a long time. But, that wasn't her plan. She skid to a halt the second she reached where the end of the mare's chest was before spinning toward her left and attempting to stab the dagger into the winged one's right shoulder, near the wing joint. Please let it hit the mark. God. I can't deal with these wings anymore. She pleaded to herself before letting her mouth jerk back and down, as if to cut a piercing line in the flesh before shooting back a few feet, to try and stay away from the flapping of the wings.

She would not be hit by these wings. She would not give in without a fight...

800 words exactly (again)
[4/4]
magic and companions not applicable

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! No Place Like Home [Invasion Defense] - by Resplendence - 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM