Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

Res's body was trembling. Her head resting up against her forelegs as her jaw clenched hard onto the branch. Teeth mars were beginning to form on it, but unless she dropped it she wouldn't know that. Her audit was pinned against her cranium, attempting to block out the world and forget everything that was around her. The sobbing doesn't stop. The trembling doesn't stop. All she can think about is that an invasion is occurring. All she can think about is that she might lose her home again. All she can think about is this deep, throbbing pain in her shoulder.

There is a noise that brings her back, just a little, but it doesn't do much to make her begin to look around or to stand back up. A dull thud of hooves landing, and then her name. Cautiously. As if they weren't certain. My lady. Instantly, she recalled the name and her body was instantly attempting to stand up. But the pain was too much, and so her form stayed low to the ground and shaking with fear. Quil stopped, standing there in shock. Her name, firmly but with a hint of a soothing note to it along with confusion and anger. She winced, golden orbs peering up at him through fogged and hazy, tear bothered eyesight. She was alright now? It's over? He thought? He started to move forward, careful to keep his wings tight to his side just like old times. His little companion is chirping from his withers.

And then, another horse came in. A painted one. She could had sworn she had seen the mare before but she couldn't place her name or anything else along those lines. The familiar scent of the Edge and the mists, though, did offer her a little bit more comfort. There was a waver in her voice as she said that it was okay before her eyes lit up with happiness. Tournament? What tournament? Instantly, she struggled to pull her way to her feet, doing so shakily and stuffing the branch into the knot of her tail for safe keeping - incase someone else jumped out of the shadows and mists. "There was no tournament, ma'am." Res spoke, eyeing the black and white mare as she was granted a name. "Kahlua. The Edge is being invaded, by the Grey. And what smelled like unicorns from the North, and the Frozen Arch. There is no 'tournament' that you speak of. It is a full out war." Her voice was strained. Her body struggling to keep standing. Broken chords filled the air as she limped toward Quil. Instantly, she turned so that she was facing the same direction as him before shoving her nose under his wing and attempting to burrow her frame under the comfort of his soft downy feathers. Hollow. Weak. Soft as clouds. Kaj's words remained in her skull, and with the wound still bleeding and pain in fear in her mind all that she wanted was to be shielded from the world.

"God. Quil. It was so horrible. She had wings. She was from the Grey. She had a bird. And I couldn't get any hits in. The only damage I managed to do was by throwing a branch at her glowing form. She was taunting me. She said we were going to lose. That I knew what had happened last time. I don't want to lose our new home. I can't..." She whispered, her voice shattering and causing her to stumble uncertainly over her words. "God. Quil. I can't lose anyone else..."

607 words
@[Quilyan] && @[Kahlua]

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Resplendence - 08-24-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Quilyan - 08-24-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Resplendence - 08-25-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Aaron - 08-26-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Kaj - 08-26-2013, 01:30 AM