the Rift

[OPEN] Before the storm.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Though I did not know it at the time, I, too, had arrived late to the battle, just as Gaucho had. The knowledge would come to me, in time, and it would be a surprise to me, for his nature does not permit such tardiness in the face of an impending threat. However I, unlike him, would not view it as a failure; he had duties other than patrolling our borders, duties that he had, in fact, shirked in the past in favor of more - ahem - pleasurable activities. So the fact that he just so happened to be elsewhere on the day of the invasion, doing his job (and not, hopefully, those other activities I mentioned), was of no countenance to me. More important to me, as I returned that day from searching for metals with Zenobia, was where her father was, and if he was alright.

I returned Zenobia to the heart of the Throat, and then turned to leap into the air. She would be safe enough there, where they whispered of victory in hushed, hopeful voices, but I wanted - no, needed to be of use. And so I flew, hovering over the sands that ran red with blood - ours or our enemies? - and searched for anyone to whom I could be of service. There were very few, it seemed, that needed any assistance at all, and so I left them, wheeling in the sky and scanning the area for the dark form of my mate. I snorted to myself then, for thinking of him as such, when he clearly had no emotional ties to me beyond as property... but as I knew that going in, it was difficult to hold it against him. Perhaps a small part of me wished for more, but I had given up on my naive, youthful ideas of love, settling instead for protection and lust. Oh, how far I have fallen. I saw him, finally, or the distant shape that I thought was him, as he leaped into the sky, his movements jerky and hastened. I followed him, hoping to check to be sure he was alright.

So, here I am, following the father of my child, who is decidedly not my mate (at least, not in my rather romanticized view of the word) from a distance as he streaks away from the battleground that is our home with a quickness. Is this intelligent? Perhaps not. Perhaps he wants to be alone, perhaps he has found an escaping invader, perhaps this, perhaps that... and still I follow, my wings beating a steady rhythm through the dark skies. I surely stand out against the blackness of the clouds, but he blends in, and I find it difficult to keep up. Still, I think I see him streak to the ground, and so I follow, twisting my body into a sharp, banking dive, flaring my wings at just the right moment so that I set daintily down on the ground, a far cry from Gaucho's rather clumsy landing.

I am not quick enough to hear his admission of failure; if I had heard, I would have been the first to correct him, as well as I could. What I do know is that there are lines of a substance that looks suspiciously like tears running down his face as he stands, looking ashamed, before Midas. Immediately, I feel as though I am interrupting, but there is no going back now, for I have already landed. My auds flicker back and forth, marking my unease, but I take a few steps forward nonetheless, reaching out my muzzle to brush along Gaucho's flank as I come to stand beside him, peering intently at his face.

"Hello," I say softly, and my orbs dart to Midas to include him in the greeting. "I don't mean to intrude, I only... I wanted to be sure you were alright..." Will he understand? Midas will - but Gaucho is the one whose affections I seek despite the knowledge that I will never receive them.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Before the storm. - by Midas - 08-31-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Before the storm. - by Gaucho - 09-01-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Before the storm. - by Sohalia - 09-01-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: Before the storm. - by Midas - 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: Before the storm. - by Gaucho - 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Before the storm. - by Sohalia - 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Before the storm. - by Midas - 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM