the Rift

[JUDGED] There are no promises I keep [ Tamme - Spar :: New system!]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia knew that venturing so close to the Foothills may not be such a grand idea, but north was where she pressed. An errant thought had crossed her mind, one that she could not shake no matter how foolish and illogical it seemed. Would it be possible, she wondered, to be closer to the sun from a great height? The moon was so high in the sky and had been for so long. Would the god who forsake her ever return? Would she ever be able to sate the sick, masochistic need for his approval?

In a manner that displayed defeat, the graceful, slender creature slid easily up the side of the flat mountain, cloven hooves gripping to even the more slippery surfaces. The heavenly fields were aptly named, being so close to the sky itself that clouds often sat, gently lingering and obscuring the day into mist. However, the clouds had not been in the sky for quite some time now, and the path, for once, was clear. She let out a sigh, watching as the breath that passed her lips no longer turned into a white cloud of frost. Sad, she thought. White was beautiful and pure as she would never be. The cold was numbing and exciting at once, but like all good things, it had come to an end.

The pale princess started when she heard the deep, masculine and yet somewhat unintelligible voice scream out to the very god she was trying to meet. Ophelia furrowed her brows over her strange, two colored eyes as the spark in her heart began to slow. Slowly, the white creature moved closer, catching the way the moonlit reflected off of crystal tears on the stallion's strong jaw. She frowned sympathetically, catching the tail of his words. He had tried and failed, and Ophelia knew that feeling all too well. She knew the heartache of loss, of failure, of tragedy, of war, of blood, family, and the gods. Despite the cold that had permeating her soul after being in the Grey for so long, she ached for him, empathized with this winged stranger.

As she appeared, his darker figure emerged in her vision. He was a large, muscular stallion with a set of equally dense wings. Strange, paint-like markings punctuated his body in a way that made her think that he was slightly more primitive. A white snake was curled around his antlers - antlers, she noticed, were strapped to his head and not fused with his skull. Tinek gently glided down to greet the stranger. The silver dragon was much too large now to sit atop Ophelia's head like he used to, so instead, he hovered, a smile on his scaled lips. Curiously, the horned beast probed closer to the stallion, only aware of the emotions from Ophelia, but he was sadly used to her mind being a battlefield all on its own.

"I came seeking the Sun God as well," she murmured quietly, looking up into the night sky. The shards of the lost stone that had shattered and given her magic now sparkled brightly and gloriously in her hair, activated by the light of the moon. Light scattered across her perfectly pale hide and bloody mane and tail in a way that was nearly ethereal. A frown moved over her gray lips. "I wish you more fortune than I with the heavenly, taciturn stallion." Ophelia tried to meet his gaze to give him an encouraging smile, but the was hesitant, not willing to pry into his personal matters. Too often, she was burned.

The Forsaken had left the Grey before the wars. She had gathered an idea of mobilization, but the war in its entirety was unknown to her mind. Ophelia, in her self-exile, had missed a very strange moment in history. Little did she know that Mauja had left - and with it, her tie to the Basin. Soon, she would find out, but now, she was blissfully ignorant in a way she had never been before.

"talk talk talk talk "

[[(680 words) | (0/3) | unlimited magic/companion use

-Damn Tinek and Phi for having light and shock magic >_> lol. This'll be interesting for sure. Yay broken magics errywher...]]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: There are no promises I keep [ Tamme - Spar :: New system!] - by Ophelia - 09-04-2013, 08:41 PM