the Rift

Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here

Mercy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: Mercy.png]

Kahlua’s laugh reached her ears and for some reason that she didn't understand, her heart lightened. How long had it been since she had heard a laugh? So long that she probably couldn't remember if she actively tried to. Mercy closed her eyes as she felt Kahlua’s warm breath upon her and tears sprung to her eyes. She had kept herself from being vulnerable for so long that she decided to allow herself this small moment to grieve for what was lost and accept what had been given. “Thank you….”she whispered, attempting to reign the emotion in to a more manageable level. She was supposed to be a warrior, a protector of the innocent and yet here she sat feeling child-like and vulnerable under the gaze of this mare. She normally would have felt ashamed or embarrassed about these feelings, but instead she found comfort in them. She felt a strange connection to this mare that was born of both a strange understanding of the other and an intense need for companionship. Perhaps with this one she would allow herself to be more than mere acquaintances, perhaps they could even be friends. With battle imminent and chaos in her homeland, friends hadn't been a leisure that she was afforded for some time.

Mercy began to gather her legs beneath her and with a slow, jagged movement and grunt of pain she found herself on her feet and swaying the short distance that stood between her and Kahlua. Landing softly against the side of the mare she let out a soft huff of accomplishment. “Strange…I can be strange,” she said with a small chuckle, “I think I would like to go to this World’s Edge, if there are more there like you I think I will be quite comfortable.” This was it, she thought to herself, this was what she had wanted since conflict had broken out between her father’s herd and their neighbors. This was a chance for her to do better, to do more than fight and kill. She was no killer, she had only done as she had been taught and expected to do for her people. She looked up at the moon as though she hadn't seen it before. Perhaps this was her chance to find out what family really was.

Messages In This Thread
Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here - by Mercy - 09-04-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here - by Mercy - 09-07-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here - by Kahlua - 09-08-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here - by Mercy - 09-09-2013, 09:53 PM
RE: Can't Go Home, Can't Stay Here - by Kahlua - 09-11-2013, 12:53 AM